Baobab Beach Resort details
Kenya’s leading All Inclusive, this three-in-one hotel combines a beachfront setting with plenty of sports and activities.
Right on the coast and surrounded by 80 acres of forest, this aptly-named hotel is in quite a spot. Swaying palms and native baobab trees stretch off into the distance, while a long ribbon of white sand gives way to the clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
The complex itself is split into three different sections – the Baobab, the Maridadi and Kole Kole. Each one comes with its own swimming pool, surrounded by green lawns. The one at Kole Kole steals the show – it’s an infinity number just metres from the beach.
When you’re not poolside, there’s plenty to keep you busy. On the sports front, you’ve got everything from tennis and volleyball to scuba diving and windsurfing. If something more relaxing is in order, head to the spa or take a walk through the grounds of the hotel – they’re home to exotic birds and monkeys.
As for accommodation, each section of the hotel offers up stylish rooms and bungalows. African-print soft furnishings and four-poster wooden beds give them a traditional vibe, while air-conditioning keeps things comfortable. For more in the way of luxury, opt for one of Kole Kole’s Junior suites – you’ll get extras like a king-size bed and a private whirlpool bath.
Last but not least, the hotel’s dining scene is worth a mention. The main All Inclusive restaurant serves up a huge buffet spread of dishes from around the world. What’s more, depending on when you’re visiting, there’s also a seafood and grill à la carte with an oriental influence, and an Italian bistro in the Kole Kole wing.
Location• On a glorious white sandy stretch of Diani Beach • 38km south of Mombasa
1 hour 30 minutes including a 5 minute ferry crossing
• Swimming pool • Swimming pool in the Kole Kole section • Cascading 3-tier swimming pool in the Maridadi wing • Sunbeds • Beach and pool towels
• Karibu main restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • Jordari restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner • Maridadi restaurant serving lunch and dinner • Tapa Tapa Bar overlooking the pool and sea, serving drinks, light snacks, sandwiches and pastries • Theme nights and show cooking at main restaurant • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Marhaba gourmet restaurant serving à la carte specialities including seafood • Tangezi gourmet Italian restaurant in the Kole Kole wing
• Hotel entertainment team runs daily activities • Aquafit in the pool • 3 all-weather tennis courts • Archery with instructor • Beach volleyball • Daily aerobics classes • Shuffleboard • Boccia • Darts • Table tennis • Football • Basketball • Badminton
• Porini Amphitheatre • Live shows every evening • Acrobatic and traditional dance shows • Outdoor disco • 5 bars
• 24-hour reception • TV room • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi throughout • Money exchange • Boutiques and gift shops • Internet access • Shuttle service to Mombasa • Laundry service • Afya Bora Wellness Centre & Spa including gym, massage, body and facial treatments, hairdresser, beauty treatments and whirlpool • Watersports centre • Scuba diving for beginners and advanced divers • Windsurfing • Big game fishing • Catamaran sailing • Snorkelling excursions with glass-bottom boats
The Kole Kole section closes mid-Apr to the end of June - 2 bars, 2 restaurants and the infinity pool will not be available.
All rooms have air-conditioning, bathroom with shower, phone, TV, mini-fridge, hairdryer and private terrace or balcony. Baobab twin rooms have twin or king-size beds and an extra non-permanent bed in the bedroom, and they have a garden view.
We also offer Superior rooms, Superior sea-view rooms, Deluxe rooms, Twin deluxe rooms, Double deluxe rooms and Suites.
Superior sea-view rooms face the sea with partial sea views, satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities, and bathrobes. Superior rooms are more spacious and are available in the Baobab Maridadi and Kole Kole wings.
Deluxe rooms are larger and have facilities as the Superior sea-view rooms with a fruit basket and gift on arrival. Twin deluxe rooms are available in the Maridadi wing and Double deluxe rooms are in the Kole Kole wing.
Kole Kole suites have an extra bed for a third person when needed, private Jacuzzi™ and a sea view.
• Full Board meals • Selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide