Riu Montego Bay details
A beachfront setting, a big swimming pool and plenty of food choices – the Riu Montego Bay proves its worth as a Jamaican retreat.
The Riu Montego Bay is fronted by a white ribbon of sand, which gently shelves into the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. It means you get the dual benefit of fantastic views and easy access to the beach. When you want to get out and about, meanwhile, you’re less than a ten-minute taxi ride from the shops, restaurants and bars of Montego’s centre.
Another of the hotel’s plus points is its huge main swimming pool, which winds its way round a sunny terrace freckled with loungers and palms. There’s a swim-up bar at one end of it, so you can grab a drink whenever you fancy. Plus, little ones get their own separate splash pool.
As for dining, the main restaurant lays on big buffet spreads, with on-the-spot cooking stations a major feature. Expect full American breakfasts in the mornings, featuring the likes of made-to-order pancakes. And for lunch and dinner, enjoy things like fish, pasta and salad. Six times a week, there’s a popular Jerk chicken station for lunch, so you can sample the nation’s tasty signature dish.
Location• On the beach • 4.5km from Montego Bay
• 2 swimming pools - 1 with whirlpool bath • Sunbeds • Parasols • Pool towels • Swim-up bar • Pool bar
• Non-smoking buffet restaurant with a terrace • Cooking stations • Themed buffet, 3 times a week • Asian buffet restaurant • 2 à la carte restaurants
• Windsurfing • Sailing • Snorkelling • Kayaking • Introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool • 2 tennis courts • Beach volleyball • Table tennis • Gym
• Daytime entertainment • Shows • Daily RIU evening programme or live music • Nightclub • 5 bars
• Children's swimming pool • Children's club for 4-12 years • Playground
• Free Lobby Wi-Fi use - 90 mins per day • Sauna • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Spa • Beauty salon • Hairdresser • Massage • Gift shop • Shop • Wi-Fi throughout the rest of hotel • Games room
All room sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with double beds, air-conditioning, fan, minibar, liquor dispenser, satellite TV, radio alarm clock and a balcony or terrace.
Limited sea-view rooms with the above facilities and Suites with a king-size bed, hydro-massage bath, lounge area and sea view also available.
• All buffet meals • Themed buffet 3 times a week • 24-hour snacks • 24-hour unlimited local and imported drinks, minibar and liquor dispenser restocked regularly • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.