Riu Naiboa details
Tucked away from the beach on the edge of a huge lagoon pool, the Riu Naiboa is a tropical hideaway.
When it came to choosing a location for the Naiboa, RIU certainly knew what they were doing. They set it a little way back from the 14-mile stretch of sand, to give the place a lost-in-paradise feel. But that said, it’s still just a five-minute walk down the resort’s shopping hub, Caribbean Street, to get to the beach.
The hotel itself is a small four-storey number that’s virtually hidden behind a screen of palm trees. And taking pride of place in the middle of the garden is a massive lagoon pool. It’s the biggest pool in the whole of the Riu Resort Bavaro, and it features a waterfall and in-water islands. There’s a brand-new poolside bar here, too, where you can order colourful cocktails.
As far as restaurants go, there’s the main restaurant, Cohiba, where international buffets, themed evenings and on-the-spot cooking stations come in colonial-style surroundings. Then there’s the new Panama restaurant, which serves Italian favourites.
Inside, a recent refurbishment has given the hotel a contemporary look. In the bedrooms, colourful curtains and plump cushions add life to calming neutral walls and floors.
On the activities front, Riu Naiboa pulls out all the stops. Cue sports ranging from tennis and volleyball to watersports on the beach. And an entertainment team that lays on aerobics, dance classes and competitions – not to mention cabaret shows to give the West End a run for its money.
Location Close to Bavaro Beach In Riu Complex
1 hour from Punta Cana or 2 hours from La Romana
• Swimming pool with pool bar • Sun terrace • Sun beds with complimentary pool towels and sun parasols • Gardens
• Main restaurant serving international buffet • Themed buffet twice a week • Panama theme and snack restaurant • Beach club • Panama and Grill and Steakhouse restaurants at the Riu Bambu - reservations required
• Gym in Riu Palace Punta Cana • Tennis • Aerobics and aqua aerobics • Daytime tennis • Volleyball • Water polo • Windsurfing, sailing, kayaking • Scuba diving lesson in pool - 1 per week • Snorkelling equipment • Daytime activity programme including sports, dance classes • Table tennis • Darts
• Lounge Bar • Lounge • Buda's Poolside bar • Nightly shows throughout complex in entertainment area • Your All Inclusive package includes entry to Pacha disco and 18+ years on Caribbean Street - excludes special evenings
Children's section of pool Daytime entertainment programme
• 90 minutes per day free Wi-Fi use in the lobby area • Sauna and whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Spa with beauty treatments and massages at the Riu Palace Punta Cana • Drinks in discotheque • Money exchange service • Internet in rooms
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, Wi-Fi at a charge, minibar, liquor dispenser, telephone and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with a single & double bed. Junior suites available
Honeymooners will receive a bottle of rum and a fruit platter upon arrival.
• Full Board - restrictions apply • Snacks - 24-hours • Select local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide