ClubHotel Riu Bambu details
With its beachfront setting, great pool scene and smart bedrooms, this hotel has propelled itself into the Premier League.
The first thing you’ll notice about this place is its spectacular setting. Not only is the hotel cocooned by palm trees, but it’s pulled right up against a 14-mile sweep of sand. And as well as being prime chill-out territory, the beach is something of a watersports hub. Take your pick from the likes of windsurfing, sailing and kayaking.
Looks-wise, the property is modern and fresh. The bedrooms are kitted out with sleek furniture and huge TVs. Plus they all come with air-conditioning, minibars and RIU’s famous spirit dispensers. The hotel is home to 72 family rooms, too. Set on the ground floor and with enough space for five, they’re ideal if you’re here with kids or just want a little more space.
Elsewhere, you’ll find four à la carte restaurants – an Asian, Italian, Mexican and a Steakhouse and grill. There’s also a buffet eatery which serves pan-global spreads. Completing the hotel’s dining scene is a sports bar open 24 hours.
Lastly, the pool scene is pretty impressive. A sweeping Roman-style staircase leads into the main pool and, at one end, there’s a large, dome-topped swim-up bar. The second pool is large and has a scattering of in-water sunbeds. Palm-fringed lawns and a whirlpool bath provide the finishing touches.
Location• On Arena Gorda Beach, Punta Cana • 600m to Caribbean Street • 30km to Punta Cana airport
• 3 swimming pools • In-pool loungers • Whirlpool bath • Swim-up bar • Poolside restaurant • Sunloungers • Towels • Parasols • Adults pool
• Main restaurant • Colonial restaurant with terrace for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • Themed buffets twice a week • Mama Juana pool bar/restaurant for breakfast, lunch and snacks • No smoking area • 4 themed restaurants - Asian, Italian, steakhouse grill and Mexican themed restaurant
• Gym • Aerobics • Volleyball • Beach games • Windsurfing • Sailing • Kayaks • Introductory scuba diving lesson in pool • Snorkelling equipment • Water polo • Body boards • Pedalos • Sports pitch • Table tennis • Use of tennis courts within the Riu Resort
• Daytime entertainment programme • RIU evening programme, live music and shows • Bar • Azucar lounge bar • La Plaza bar with terrace • 24-hour sports bar • All Inclusive includes entry to Pacha Nightclub and the casino - minimum 18 years - on Caribbean Street, excluding special evenings and drinks • Entry to Riu Palace Macao casino
• Children's pool • Daytime entertainment programme at RiuLand kids' club, 4-7 and 8-12 years • Playground
• Sauna • Whirlpool bath • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi in lobby area - 90 minutes per day free • Spa • Workout • Boutique and gift shop • Jewellers • Hairdressers • Internet • Tennis equipment • Pool • Watersports including banana boats and diving school - PADI, NAUI • Tuition for windsurfing, sailing, kayaks and canoes • Drinks at disco
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, Wi-Fi at a charge, radio alarm clock, phone, minibar and liquor dispenser - refilled regularly, iron and board, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Double rooms have 2 double beds and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years.
We also offer Suites and Family rooms.
Suites sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12 years and have a living area.
Family rooms on the ground floor sleep up to 4 adults and 1 child with 2 American queen-size beds, a sofa-bed and open terrace. Space is limited when fully occupied.
Honeymooners receive a traditional gift on arrival.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board and snacks • Unlimited local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Access to bar at Riu Naiboa • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide