Grand Rotana Resort & Spa details
“An amazing lagoon pool, towering palms and a fabulous house reef – the Grand Rotana epitomises everything Sharm El Sheikh is all about.”
Step out onto the hotel’s terrace and you’re met with a forest of palms sweeping down to the beachfront. Along here, comfy sunloungers and muslin-draped gazebos gaze out to sea. There are also three pontoons jutting over the water, beckoning you to snorkel over the house reef.
Back on the terrace, meanwhile, there’s a super-sized lagoon-like pool. It winds it’s way under ornamental bridges to a swim-up bar and a little section of water chutes.
The hotel spreads around huge grounds in a flurry of whitewashed, turreted buildings – it’s got a hint of desert village about it. Walk inside, though, and the Egyptian theme goes into overdrive. Think the age of the Pharaohs – lapis lazuli blues, ochres and reds teamed with grand pillars and architectural flourishes. In the lobby Arabesque lanterns are suspended over sofas and filigree screens hang on the walls.
In the Mezzaluna restaurant, meanwhile, an illuminated blue wall decoration gazes down on diners picking through the Italian a la carte menu. With its all-you-can-eat buffets, the Ramses main restaurant strikes a more relaxed note. And there are more gourmet options here. The elegant Silk Road, for instance, with its show Chinese, Indian and Thai cooking stations, is a real favourite.
There’s plenty in the way of relaxation as well. Treat yourself to a holistic body treatment in the Zen spa – they’ll even do your massage in an outdoor cabana by the beach.
Location• On its own 450m stretch of private beach on Shark's Bay, about 6km to Naama Bay
• Lagoon swimming pool equivalent to the size of 3 Olympic pools
• The Ramses restaurant overlooks the Red Sea and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner • Mezzaluna Italian restaurant • Silk Road restaurant for Far Eastern cuisine with a western influence • The Palms barbecue restaurant open all day long • The Isis for light snacks • New Year's Eve gala dinner included
• Spa - treatments include Thai massage, body wraps, hydrotherapy, sea scrub and body polish • Plunge pool • Sauna • Steam room • Tennis • Snorkelling • Gym • Billiards • Table tennis
• Pulse bar/club with resident DJ • The Palms beachside restaurant for cocktails • The Sky Lounge serves alcoholic drinks and flavoured shishas
• Children's pool • Playground • Kids' club
• Money exchange • Concierge service • Bookshop • Laundry and dry cleaning • Beauty salon • Barber shop • In-house car rental
All rooms have satellite TV, phone, internet connection, mini-fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer & ground terrace or balcony. Standard rooms have twin beds.
We also offer Seaview rooms and Beachfront rooms.
526 rooms including 24 Club Rotana Executive suites
9 private villas
Honeymooners receive a complimentary room upgrade on arrival - subject to availability - and complimentary VIP amenities
Extra Local Charges
Facilities that don't form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide