Helena Sands details
Just footsteps from the beach and laden with facilities, this elegant hotel is one of Sunny Beach’s finest.
Built to mirror traditional Bulgarian architecture, this hotel is all red-tiled roofs cascading down to Sunny Beach’s sands. Overlooking the scene is a stonework clocktower topped by a weather vane - just like you’d find in a Bulgarian village square.
More by way of striking design lies within. Take the lobby. Awash with gleaming marble and espresso-leather armchairs, it’s finished with oyster-pink drapes and a grandfather clock. Even grander is the staircase that sweeps to the upper floors under elaborate chandeliers. The bedrooms, meanwhile, show a lighter touch. All peaches-and-cream elegance, they’re dressed with dainty off-white furniture and sofas. And everything is complemented by satellite TVs, minibars and balconies.
The pool, meanwhile, is set in to wide sun terraces. It’s home to a fancy metal pergola that morphs into an illuminated water feature by night. Pull up a chair at the hotel’s Dolphin fish restaurant and you’ll have a ringside seat for the light-and-water show.
The facilities here are impressive too. There’s a wellness centre, tennis and beach volleyball on offer.
The last word though has to go to the location. The Helena has grabbed what is probably one of the best spots in Sunny Beach. It’s at the quieter end of the resort, facing the beach. And on a more practical note, the town centre is also within easy striking distance - just a 15-minute or so stroll away.
Location• On the beach • At the quieter end of the resort • 1.5km to resort centre • Nearest town is Nessebar, 7km from Sunny Beach
• Swimming pool • Sunbeds and parasols on the beach and by the pool • Towels • Large, well-tended gardens • Light refreshments at the pool bar • Indoor pool
• Breakfast buffet in main dining room • Guests on Half Board have a dinner buffet in the main dining room • Lunch available at the Fish restaurant • Guests can also choose to dine in the themed restaurant or try the menu at the speciality à la carte fish restaurant at an extra charge
• 2 floodlit tennis courts • Beach volleyball • Horse riding nearby • Bicycle hire • Billiards • Table tennis • Wellness centre offering a variety of baths including steam, stone and brechel, as well as a sauna, gym, hydro treatments, massages and other treatments from facials to pedicures • Beauty centre • Watersports nearby
• Live music • Piano bar
• Children’s pool • Playground • Playroom • Activity programme for 4-12 yrs • Mini aqua park for children • Highchairs
• Money exchange • Beauty centre • Free Wi-Fi in lobby and rooms • Shops
All rooms have air-conditioning, cable TV, phone, minibar and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2 beds & a sofa-bed as required. Single rooms and Sea-view rooms available.
We also offer Suites.
Suites with a lounge area and sea view can sleep either 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 years.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide