Hotel Riu Garoe details
Thanks to its garden setting and tropical pool scene, the Hotel Riu Garoe is one of Puerto de la Cruz’s premier hotels.
The Hotel Riu Garoe is set among tropical gardens on the outskirts of Puerto de la Cruz. It’s a 20-minute walk to the town’s sandy beach and saltwater swimming pools, and the town centre is just a bit further on. If you don’t fancy the walk, hop on the hotel’s complimentary shuttle bus, which runs every day.
The hotel’s swimming pool is tucked away among palm trees and pots of purple bougainvillea. Cushioned sunbeds and straw umbrellas freckle the water’s edge, and there’s a bar close by, serving cold beers, snacks, and ice-cream.
At mealtimes, the buffet restaurant puts on international spreads. There’s a real mix of dishes – you’ll find woks of steaming paella in one station, and pepperoni pizza in the next. The restaurant has a great outdoor terrace, too, so you can dine overlooking the gardens.
Location• 1km to the beach and Lago Martinez salt water pools • 1.5km downhill to resort centre • Hotel-run courtesy bus to resort centre offering regular service from Monday to Saturday midday • Local bus stop 200m from hotel • 300m to the Botanical Garden 600m to shops
• Swimming pool heated in winter • Indoor pool heated in winter • Sunbeds and parasols • Pool towels
• Buffet restaurant with terrace, occasional on the spot cooking and themed buffet once a week • Pool snack bar • Gentlemen are required to wear long trousers for dinner
• Floodlit hard court tennis • Squash • Minigolf • Table tennis • Sauna • Billiards
• Daytime and evening entertainment several times a week • Lobby bar with terrace
• Children's pool heated in winter • Cots • Highchairs
• Free Wi-Fi zone in the lobby • 24-hour reception • Laundry service available • Beauty centre including hairdresser and massage available
Twin rooms sleep up to 2 adults and a child, with twin beds, a child bed, and have centrally-controlled air-conditioning, a bath, shower, flat screen satellite TV, hairdryer, phone and a balcony or terrace.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide