Taj Holiday Village details
Mixing traditional Portuguese style with a tropical Goan setting, the Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village Goa oozes old-world luxury.
The first thing you’ll notice about this place is its surroundings. Dense clusters of palms and neatly-manicured gardens stretch across 28 acres, so it’s certainly not short on greenery. And just beyond that exotic scene you’ll find another – the glimmering waters of the Arabian Sea.
Step inside the hotel itself, and things are just as impressive. The lobby is an elegant mix of colonial arches, stained-glass windows and mahogany furniture. Add oak-beamed ceilings and ornate tiled floors into the mix, and it’s got a really stately feel. And it’s a similar story in the bedrooms. They’re dressed in neutral tones, with carved-wood fittings and flocked bed linen. Must-haves like air-conditioning and flatscreen TVs come as standard, and you get a balcony or a garden area, too.
Elsewhere, the pool takes centre-stage. It’s a big, curvy number with a swim-up bar at one end. Glossy palms and comfy loungers line up along the water’s edge. If you’d rather chill-out by the ocean, though, it’s so close you can see it from the pool.
When it comes to food, meanwhile, there are three à la carte restaurants to choose from. You’ll find all-day dining at Caravela, where light bites and seafood dishes are served up on a terrace overlooking the sea. The Beach House specialises in authentic Goan cuisine and the Banyan Tree serves up Thai favourites. Standouts include the green Thai curry and pla rad prik – crispy fried fish.
Lastly, the Jiva Spa is a great place to chill out. The treatment list spans everything from massages to body wraps, so you’re guaranteed to leave feeling relaxed.
Location• On Sinquerim Beach • 7km to Calangute resort centre
1 hour 30 minutes
• Swimming pool • Swim-up bar • Pool bar • Palm-fringed tropical gardens
• 3 à la carte restaurants: • Caravela restaurant open all day for food and snacks and has sea-view • Banyan Tree Thai speciality restaurant for lunch and dinner • Beach House serving Goan and seafood dishes for dinner • Christmas Eve and New Year gala dinners
• Gym • Steam room • Health club • Jiva Spa • Tennis • Cricket • Squash • Adventure activities • Pool table • 5-hole putting green • Guests can use the facilities at the Vivanta by Taj - Fort Aguada hotel, next to the Vivanta by Taj - Holiday Village • Table tennis
• Full daytime activities programme including games, sports and competitions • Videos/DVDs • Games room • Library • Drift island bar
• Kids' club for over 2yrs • Kids' pool • Play area • Jungle Jam kids' restaurant
• 24hr reception • 24hr room service • Money exchange • Souvenir shop • Laundry service • Library in the lobby • Barber shop • Beauty salon • Internet facilities • Wi-Fi internet
Superior charm cottages have 1 king-size or twin beds, extra beds on request, flatscreen TV with DVD player, phone, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer and room service.
We also offer Superior Charm Cottages with Sit Out and Premium Indulgence Cottages.
Superior Charm Cottages with Sit Out are recently renovated 235-315 sq.ft garden-facing luxurious cottages in a block of 1-8 rooms, most have a balcony/lawn on ground level with garden furniture and newly designed bathroom with a bath.
Premium Indulgence Cottages are situated in blocks of 2 with sea-facing rooms, balcony and lawn sit out area. These have been recently renovated and facilities are as per Superior Charm Cottages.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide