Utopia Hotel details
Set in a quiet spot just a stone’s skim from the sand, this fresh-out-of-the-wrapping hotel has a sanctuary-like feel.
Utopia is loosely defined as the perfect state – and that’s exactly what this just-built hotel aims to achieve. First off, it’s set on the banks of a small river in the sleepy fishing village of Katelios, so it’s every inch the authentic Greek retreat. We’re talking gently rolling hills, ancient olive trees and a marina packed with brightly-coloured fishing boats and rustic tavernas. Then there’s the beach. The hotel is just moments away from a stretch of golden sand and peacock-blue waters – in terms of sunbathing territory, it doesn’t get better than this.f
As for the hotel itself, it’s a modern build with a traditional vibe. Think muted neutral shades and terracotta tile roofs. Outside a large freeform swimming pool takes the limelight. There’s a pool bar, too, as well as a large walk-in whirlpool and a separate children's. For more in the way of relaxation, there’s a state-of-the-art spa.
Inside, the rooms are as stylish as you’d expect. Muted colours provide the backdrop, while painted wood furniture and beds with over-sized headboards take centre-stage. Flatscreen TVs, air-conditioning and minibars complete the picture.
On the food front, the emphasis is on locally sourced, great quality ingredients. As such, there’s a real Greek flavour to things. Think fresh salads, just-landed seafood, mixed meze and a whole host of Kefalonian favourites – all washed down with a glass or two of local red.
Location• 420m from the beachfront • In the village of Katelios
• Swimming pool • Pool bar • Snack bar • Large walk-in whirlpool bath
• Buffet breakfast restaurant • Gourmet Mediterranean restaurant • A la carte restaurant
• Large walk-in Whirlpool bath • Tennis • Sauna • Steam room • Spa treatments
• Lobby bar
• Children's pool • Playground
All rooms have a TV, phone, fridge, bathrobes, slippers, toiletries and balcony.
Standard rooms are Twin rooms and sleep 2 in twin beds and have garden views.
Sole-occupancy twin rooms and Twin rooms for 3 both with garden views, Sea-view twin rooms and Pool-view twin rooms for 3 are available.
Sea-view suites sleep up to 4 in twin beds, two extra beds in lounge area and have larger balconies.
All Inclusive Option
• Full Board buffet meals • Snacks • Ice-cream for children 10.00-21.00 • Afternoon tea, cake and cookies • Selected local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks 10.00-23.00 • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra charges, please see A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide