Hotel Pestana Delfim details
Set on a green headland overlooking Três Irmãos beach, the Hotel Pestana serves up some phenomenal sea views – and they’re even better at sunset. The hotel is surrounded by mature gardens, too – think well-kept lawns, slender palms and bright bougainvillea – so there’s a real air of seclusion to the place. Plus, when you want to get to the beach, simply follow the short, steep slope down to the sand. Alvor Village, meanwhile, is an easy ten-minute drive away.
As for the hotel itself, it’s a stylish, contemporary number – all clean lines and big picture windows designed to let in plenty of light. The bedrooms are spacious affairs dressed in peachy pastels and warm sand tones. They come with private balconies, too, while modern touches like air-conditioning and satellite TVs complete the picture.
Outside, things are just as good-looking. There’s a huge circular swimming pool surrounded by a wide terrace and plenty of greenery. But the real scene-stealer is the swim-up bar – you can even reach it via a footbridge over the pool if you don’t fancy getting wet. Elsewhere there’s a state-of-the-art health club and no less than seven tennis courts to make the most of. There’s a putting green, too, with lessons available if you want to perfect your style.
Lastly, there’s the dining scene to consider, and that’s another area where the Pestana impresses. Head to the Atlantic Garden restaurant for generous buffets served on an al fresco terrace. Or pull up a chair at the Tucano Bistro and order from an a la carte menu of Algarvian specials and international favourites. The bistro has its own bar, too, where cushioned wicker chairs and low-set coffee tables create a relaxed tone.
Location• 300m walk down to the beach • 2.5km to Alvor Village with bars, shops and restaurants • 800m to a selection of small supermarkets • Daily courtesy bus to Portimao, 8km away
• Large saltwater swimming pool • Swim-up bar, open in summer, which can also be reached by footbridge • Gardens • Small saltwater heated indoor plunge pool • Sun terraces • Sunbeds
• 2 restaurants • Atlantic Gardens serving buffet breakfast and dinner • Tucano Bistro with an à la carte menu for lunch and dinner • The Tucano Bar also serves drinks and snacks • Dine Around leisure card
• 7 tennis courts • Entrance to Health Club with gym‚ and sauna • Pool activities • Volleyball • Driving range, lessons available • Putting green located close to the driving range • Massage available at Health Club • Games room offering table tennis, pool table and video games
• Regular evening entertainment in Tucano Bar from the resident entertainment team • Cocktail bar
• Pestana hotel-run kids' club, in high season only, for 4-12-year-olds at Hotel Dom Joao II‚ 850m away; courtesy bus collects and returns twice daily; children’s meals can be arranged at the club • Playground, unsupervised • Early suppers • Highchairs • Cots
• Air-conditioning/central heating throughout, at management discretion • Internet access • Hairdresser • Shop • Internet service • Wireless internet in the lobby and sunset bar • Library
• 2 or 3 beds • 3rd bed is a camp bed • Direct dial telephone • Safety deposit boxes • Single rooms available without sea view • Satellite TV
up to 12 yrs inclusive
6 rounds of golf at Quinta do Gramacho, Vale da Pinta and Silves from 252 euros per person per week, valid for stays of a minimum of 7 nights.
Hotel-run kids' club