Hotel Yllas Saaga details
Surrounded by snow-covered slopes and huge stretches of pine forest, the Yllas Saaga offers up views that are second to none.
You’ll find it hard to beat the mountain scenery that surrounds the Yllas Saaga. Views of drift-drenched slopes stretch out as far as the eye can see, and you’ll spot frozen lakes and pine-dotted forests tucked between the whitewashed peaks. In terms of location, the property’s slope-side position gives you instant access to hiking trails and downhill sports like skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing. It neighbours a ski lift, too, so heading to the heights is easy.
When you’re not out and about, the Yllas Saaga is a great place to defrost. Settle yourself in front of the roaring fire in the lobby bar for a few drinks, or head to the wellness suite to unwind. There’s a good-sized pool here, which is made from natural stone and bathed in dusky lighting. Better still, it’s surrounded by pampering facilities like a rock cave whirlpool and separate male and female saunas.
When it comes to dining, you can take your pick from the buffet restaurant, which serves hearty dishes like soup, stews and pasta dishes, and the à la carte eatery, with its menu of reindeer roasts and fresh fish.
Finally, accommodation here comes in two varieties – rooms and apartments. The former come with wooden floors and wood-panelled walls, while the latter have the added bonus of more space and a separate kitchen area. Some rooms and apartments have balconies, too.
Location• 14km from Ylläs' resort centre • Nearest ski lift 50m and main ski lift just 200m away • Kindergarten and ski school 200m away
• Indoor pool • Pool bar - loose trunks or board shorts are not permitted, tight swimming briefs must be worn
• International buffet restaurant • A la carte restaurant
• Gym • Spa • Beauty treatments • Finnish sauna • Manicure • Pedicure • Personal health consultant • Hiking • Snowboarding • Snowmobiling • Snowshoeing
• Occasional entertainment including live music • Nightclub next to the Ski chalet, 300m away • Karaoke • Terrace snack bar with open fireplace • Pub • Bars with satellite TVs
• Children's pool • Children's games area • Board games and video games in ISO Yllas ski resort • Children's films • Children's menu
• Mini-market • Gift shop • Ski shop • Reception • Internet • Laundry room
- Gala meal at hotel
- Meeting with Santa at activity time
- Present from Santa
- Activity tasters
- Thermal clothing
- Santa's elves and Thomson rep service
All rooms have central heating, hairdryer, TV, phone and daily maid service with towel change on request, linen changed on day of arrival. Standard rooms sleep 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children - extra beds are double sofa-beds.
All apartments have tea/coffee facilities, dishwasher, drying cabinet, fridge, iron/board, microwave and private sauna - there is no daily maid service for stays of 3 or 4 days, cleaning is on request. 1 bedroom apartments sleep up to 4 adults - extra beds are double sofa-beds. 2 bedroom apartments sleeping up to 6 adults are also available.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide