Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino details
It would seem the motto at this luxury hotel is ‘the bigger the better’ – whether that’s the chandeliers, pools or breakfast portions.
The Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort is more like a vast palace than a hotel - you’ll be given a map just to find your room. There’s a miniature model of the place that gives a great impression of its size. And you can climb right to the top of one of the hotel’s towers to get a bird’s-eye view.
From the outside, it’s an elegant mix of Spanish colonial architecture and Moorish design. Arched passageways lead to little courtyards and shady, tiled terraces. And ornate fountains and curved stonework make an ultra-grand entrance. Inside, the lobby is a huge, high-ceilinged space with an over-sized chandelier in the centre. In contrast, the bedrooms have a more homely feel. They’re dressed in deep reds and greens, with dark-wood furniture.
Step outside, and you’ll find a smart mix of sandy areas, palm-lined walkways and well-tended lawns. There are four good-sized pools spread over acres of sub-tropical gardens. The infinity pool, which is flanked by an artificial beach on one side, offers up the best views – you can see right out to sea.
On the food front, breakfasts are buffet affairs, and the selection goes all out to impress. You can even wash it all down with a glass of bubbly. And in the evening, take your pick from four restaurants – including one gourmet eatery.
And, of course, there’s the spa. Like the rest of the hotel, it’s first-class – with a range of treatments, from massages to facials. Book in for the Spa Experience and you’ll get to try all the best bits.
Location• 300m to the beach • 5km from Playa del Inglés • 40km from the airport • 200m to nearest bus stop
40 to 50 minutes
• 4 swimming pools - 2 heated, depending on weather • Infinity pool with waterfall and artificial beach area • 4 pool bars • Large sun terrace with gardens • Sunbeds • Parasols • Pool snack bar • Towels, there is a charge to change for fresh towels
• 2 main buffet restaurants, included on Half Board • 2 à la carte restaurants • Gourmet restaurant • Christmas and New Year gala dinners for Half Board guests
• Spa with various facilities and treatments • Tennis • Paddle courts • Minigolf • Shuffleboard • Spa Fitness room
• Live music and shows • 3 bars
• Children's pool • Children's playground • Hotel-run miniclub for 4-12yrs, 6 days a week
• Wi-Fi • Internet • Money exchange • Laundry service • Coin-operated internet access • Boutique • Hairdresser • 24hr reception • Parking
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, phone, minibar on request, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have twin beds and mountain view.
We also offer Pool-view rooms at a supplement, Junior Suites and Suites.
Junior Suites have mountain view.
Suites have sea view and a hydromassage bath.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide