Sheraton Jumeirah Beach details
Pulled up against a white-sand beach and surrounded by more than 200 palm trees, this hotel has all the hallmarks of an exotic retreat. Stealing the show is the spa, a just-opened sanctuary complete with a sauna, a steam room and the full menu of treatments. Factor in a well-equipped gym, a great range of watersports and a landscaped golf fairway, and it’s easy to see why the hotel has been given five stars.
When you just want to unwind, pick a spot by the pool. A huge lake-sized number sandwiched between the hotel and the beach, it offers up fantastic sea views. Add an open-air bar and a splash pool for the children into the mix, and you’ll probably find yourself spending a lot of time here.
Inside, meanwhile, bedrooms have a pared-down feel, with cream walls and patterned rugs providing the foundations. Carved-wood furniture and in-room trimmings like air-conditioning, satellite TVs and coffee-makers provide the finishing touches.
As for mealtimes, you’ve got a trio of restaurants to choose from. For international favourites, head to the Palm Garden Restaurant and pull up a chair on the palm-fringed terrace. Or, for a pick-and-mix of dim sum and Oriental eats, try the Chinese joint. Completing the line-up is the grill eatery, where steaks and seafood are cooked on a griddle and served up al fresco.
Location• On a private beach • 35km from Dubai airport
• Swimming pool • Pool bar • Beach bar • Private beach
• Palm Garden restaurant • Chinese restaurant • Grill Room restaurant • Al Hadiqa Tent serving Middle Eastern dishes • Coffee shop
• New Year gala dinner
• Watersports available on the beach include windsurfing and water-skiing • Tennis • Beach volleyball • Squash • Gym • Sauna • Steam bath • Massage
• Entertainment programme • Live music • Cocktail lounge • Lounge bar
• Children’s pool • Hotel-run kids' club • Playground • Entertainment programme • Cots
• 24hr room service • Spa • Gardens • Gift shop • Hairdresser/beauty salon • Laundry service • Complimentary shuttle service to shopping malls
Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child and have a double bed, extra bed, air-conditioning, minibar, satellite TV, radio, telephone and hairdryer. Sea-view rooms available.
• Beachfront • Centre of Jumeirah • Variety of restaurants
- Top Properties Platinum hotels are either 4 or 5 star, and have to score ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ with 90% or more of customers.
- More Luggage Check in 23kg and carry up to 7kg of hand luggage.
- Priority Transfers Thomson Platinum hotels are always the first or second drop-off.
- Day-before Check-in Jump the queue with UK day-before check-in where available.
- Airport Discounts Get 25% off airport hotels, meet-and-greet airport parking, and VIP lounges at UK airports.
- Platinum Service Specialist Holiday Advisors are available at your hotel. Plus, at selected properties, you get access to a private Platinum lounge.
- You'll only be entitled to all the benefits listed above if you book one of our package holidays. You'll see exactly what's included on the Options page before you book your holiday. Please see our A-Z Guide for further information.
“A good-looking hotel just footsteps from the beach, this place offers up stylish interiors, a huge pool and an impressive dining scene.”