Villa Mandi details
The village-like Villa Mandi is a bit special. Cue great pools, good-sized apartments and a relaxed vibe that works perfectly for families.
Made up of low-rise terracotta blocks this complex is peppered with palms, lawns and rockeries. Its entrance even looks like a Spanish castle. What’s more, one side overlooks a golf course.
The Mandi stands in the quiet Campos de las Americas, part of Los Cristianos. It’s peaceful, but still within walking distance of the sandy beach at Vistasur, also within walking distance are the shops, bars and restaurants of Los Cristianos centre.
As for the apartments, they’re spacious and done out in bright Mediterranean colours. They come with lime-washed wooden furniture and comfy sofas. Most have balconies or terraces, too, and each has a kitchenette for rustling up meals. When you want a break from cooking, though, there’s a restaurant onsite.
The Mandi’s pools get top marks, too. There are four in total, ranging from a long lagoon that loops through palms to a dinky baby pool. They’re all tucked between the apartments and one comes with a pool bar with its tables and chairs set around the water’s edge.
The Villa Mandi is set in a quiet area of Campos de Las Americas, which is part of Los Cristianos. It’s peaceful, but still within walking distance of the sandy beach at Vistas. Plus, it’s less than a ten-minute cab ride from the shops, restaurants and bars of Los Cristianos centre.
In terms of facilities, the hotel’s got four swimming pools, ranging from a lagoon-like number that loops through palms to a dinky baby pool. One comes with a bar, too, which has tables and chairs just inches from the water’s edge.
As for the apartments, they've just been refurbished to include soft new sofas, new bed-linen and 32-inch LED TVs. Most of them have balconies or terraces, too, with all-new furniture. What's more, each one has a kitchenette, so rustling up meals is easy. There’s also a restaurant on site.
Location• Campo de las Americas • 2km to the sandy beach of Vistasur • 2km to Los Cristianos resort centre • Close to the Thai-themed waterpark, Siam Park
• 4 swimming pools • Pool bar
• Air-conditioned, non-smoking restaurant • Buffet or à la carte lunch and dinner depending on occupancy levels • Occasional themed evenings
• Table tennis • Pool table • Minigolf
Available from May to mid-Oct only: • Day and evening programme • Water polo • Quizzes • Games • Talent shows • Indoor entertainment area
• Thomson Family Resort entertainment programme • Thomson Kids’ Club and drop-in Kids’ Club • Thomson crèche for 0 to 3-year-olds • Visits from Thomson the Dog • Soft play area • Toddler Time sessions for parents & children • Parent & baby room • Children’s pool area • Family-sized rooms, including rooms for larger familes • Playground
• Wi-Fi at a charge in all public areas until May 2014, and free Wi-Fi zones from May 2014 • Supermarket • Souvenir shop • Internet • Self-service launderette • Money exchange
The full Thomson Family Resorts programme will not start until the first arrival on or after 1st May and will end in mid October.
All apartments have a kitchenette with 2 electric rings, fridge and microwave, air-conditioning, pay-as-you-view satellite TV, phone, hairdryer, maid service 6 days a week - towel change 3 times, linen twice and most have a balcony or terrace. 1 bedroom apartments have 1 twin bedroom and a sofa-bed in the lounge area - 4th bed is for a child up to 12yrs only. 2 bedroom apartments are available May-Oct and are on the 2nd floor with 2 twin bedrooms and a sofa-bed in the lounge area - 6th bed is for a child up to 12yrs only. Select 1 bedroom apartments have extra touches including bathrobes, slippers, bathroom amenities, daily newspaper, fruit and sparkling wine on arrival, tea and coffee and pastries daily in the restaurant, Wi-Fi in room, private roof top terrace, plus sunbeds and a parasol on the terrace or balcony. Pool view apartments are also available.
I lift from reception to floor below with pool area and restaurant
Full Board Plus
• Full Board Plus package available to book: • Buffet or à la carte breakfast, lunch and dinner • Choice of a glass of local wine, a beer or soft drink with dinner
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide