Leopard Beach Resort & Spa details
Bringing a bit of old-world colonial chic to Diani’s beachfront, Leopard Beach Resort & Spa is the real African deal.
From the outside, this place looks a bit like an African village. Cue whitewashed walls, dark wood beams and lots of palm-thatching. What's more it's all set in a 30-acre tropical paradise of hibiscus, palm trees and untamed jungle – perfect for a private garden safari.
Inside, Leopard Beach Resort & Spa is like something out of a forgotten era. Open-plan areas and colonial accoutrements lend it an Out Of Africa air, with vast vaulted roof spaces, glossy tiled floors and muslin-draped daybeds. Pretty ponds and ornamental gardens plot a pathway to the poolside, as well as restaurants like the teak-deck Chui Grill, where seafood and steak are the order of the day.
The bedrooms come in two varieties, a sea-facing cottage or a room in the main hotel. They come with all the usual suspects such as a minibar, air-conditioning and TV. But the ultimate widescreen entertainment – troops of long-haired black and white Colobus’ going about their monkey business - can be seen from your bedroom window.
You’ll find it right by Diani Beach, just footsteps from the sand. As such, it comes with a side-order of sea sports like windsurfing and snorkelling. There’s a dive centre right on the sand, so you can catch the action below the waves.
Location• On the beach • 40km south of Mombasa • Tranquil but central location in the resort of Diani
• Main swimming pool with bar • Quiet adults-only pool in the hotel gardens • Sunbeds • Pool towels provided • Pool bar
We also offer Superior rooms, Superior sea-view rooms and Single occupany rooms.
• Horizon restaurant for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner and table d'hôte lunch and dinner • A la carte Chui Grill • Poolside bistro • The Coco Beach Mchana for al fresco stir-fry lunches • Seafront pizza and pasta restaurant • Juice bar and ice-cream parlour • Kalani Wi-Fi Coffee lounge • Christmas and New Year gala dinners • Gourmet upgrade option - pay extra for unlimited à la carte dining • Half board - option to swap dinner for lunch • Health bar with fruit, salads and light meals
• Gym • Aerobics • Watersports centre offering scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking, kitesurfing, pedalos, windsurfing, deep-sea fishing and glass-bottom boats • Trial scuba lesson • Beach volleyball • Beach football • Water polo • Pool table • Darts • Table tennis • 18-hole golf course 5 minutes' away
• Disco overlooking the sea • Traditional African dancing • Live shows and music • Weekly beach barbecue • Clifftop cocktail bar • Mahogany lounge bar and dance floor • 4 bars
• Children's pool adjacent to main pool • Playroom • Children's menu • Early suppers • Cots and highchairs
• Uzuri Spa and Fitness Forest offering adults only pool with a whirlpool, sauna, steam room, gym, open-air aerobics and yoga, massage and beauty treatments • Free Wi-Fi in coffee shop • Internet • Money exchange • Souvenir shops • Laundry services • 24-hour room service
All rooms have twin or double beds, air-conditioning, flatscreen satellite TV, phone, tea and coffee facilities, minibar, hairdryer, rain shower, and balcony or terrace.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Leopard Beach Resort & Spa:
in Bamburi Beach, Mombasa
in Malindi, Mombasa