Medina Gardens details
The Medina Gardens is in an unbeatable location in the heart of Marrakech, and it’s having a big refurbishment for summer 2014.
This Thomson Couples hotel has one of the best addresses in Marrakech. It’s on the doorstep of the city’s main square, Jemaa el-Fna, which means you’re just a few minutes’ walk from the souks, restaurants and food stalls.
The hotel is the perfect place to retreat to at the end of a busy day exploring the city. Despite being in the centre of the action, it’s really tranquil and romantic. It’s cocooned in centuries-old gardens, which are filled with palm trees and fragrant lemon and olive groves. There’s also a large swimming pool, edged by brand-new double sun loungers and luxurious seating areas.
The hotel is undergoing a big refurbishment for summer 2014. A lot of the original Arabic features, such as the attractive archways and grand pillars, will be staying put, but the whole place will be given an injection of contemporary style. The bedrooms, for instance, will be given a modern makeover and kitted out with all the necessary mod-cons.
Location• 5-minute walk to the Medina, where the labyrinth of streets are filled with shops, souks and cafés
• Swimming pool • Sunbeds • Parasols • Pool towels
• Main buffet restaurant for international dishes, with show cooking • A la carte grill bar by the pool - if you book Half Board you can dine here once a week
• Daytime activities organised by small entertainment team • 2 clay tennis courts • Multipurpose sports pitch for volleyball and mini-football • Water polo • Aerobics • Pétanque • Darts • Table tennis • Spa offering a range of treatments including massages, hammam and beauty treatments
• Lobby bar • Pool bar with terrace • Outdoor shisha bar • Couples events programme including daytime activities and live music from the resident musician
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout hotel • Shops • Money exchange
Double rooms sleep up to 2 adults with a king size bed, air-conditioning, satellite TV, bath, phone and a balcony or terrace. Double rooms are also available with pool views.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.