Blue Palace Resort and Spa details
Overlooking a quiet bay, this hotel is all boutique chic with 142 private infinity pools and a white pebble beach waiting below.
Curved amphitheatrically around a turquoise blue bay, the Blue Palace Resort and Spa has interior-designed good-looks. Built in honey stone and tiered into a rocky hillside, it’s at one with Mother Nature. Not only that, every inch has grandstand views of the bay, with Spinalonga Island in the distance. Plus, it’s also got virtually the whole hoop of white pebble beach to itself. The only other thing here is the village of Plaka just a 5-minute walk around the bay. As you’d expect, the main pools make the most of the panoramas. There's an infinity-style pool by the beach, so you can swim and soak up the vistas simultaneously. For a change of scenery, take the lift down to the beach. Step out and you’re met with a strand of white pebbles.
The property made it on to the 2013 World Travel Award list. It’s a deft blend of stark minimalism and classical Cretan touches. Cue giant earthenware urns, white-pillowed sofas and latticed lanterns set under grand arches. The same elegance dominates in the restaurants. American buffet breakfasts, for instance, are served on the Olea terrace so you can enjoy your eggs and pancakes while gazing out to sea. The Flame steakhouse serves dishes using locally sourced meat, with vegetables and herbs from its garden. For more casual dining, there’s the Blue Door. This water’s edge number is all dinky blue chairs and chequered tablecloths - the perfect setting for the traditional Greek menu. Then there's Asia Blue, which serves up Asian fusion food, like mango beef and mussels with black beans.
The rooms are chic, as well. Décor ranges from pale peaches and greys, to typical blue-and-white, accessorised with plump sofas, and spacious balconies or terraces. And all the mod-cons are here, including satellite TVs and Wi-Fi access. High-tech touches come in the shape of bedside control panels with 'privacy' and 'make up my room' buttons. There are suites available, too - many with luxurious extras like whirlpool tubs, home cinema and private infinity pools.
Lastly, you’ve got the spa. It’s garnered a few awards in its time - hardly surprising when you consider the line-up of facilities on offer. Turkish steam baths, thalassotherapy and a beauty salon are the supporting cast of this well-thought-of wellness centre. But the lead role goes to signature treatments olive oil and sugar scrubs, yoghurt after-sun facials and rakotherapy, an energising massage using that traditional Cretan drink, raki.
Location• In Mirabello Bay, opposite Spingalonga Island • 100m to beach • 3km to Elounda Village • 12km to Aghios Nikolaos
1 hour 30 minutes
• 3 swimming pools - 1 saltwater • Heated indoor pool in spa • Pool/beach snack bar
• Main restaurant for American buffet breakfast • 4 à la carte restaurants - steakhouse, Greek taverna, Asian for dinner & Italian for lunch and dinner • Dine Around Half Board meal plan: Half Board guests can dine in the à la carte restaurants at dinner and take lunch only at Isola restaurant • 4 themed nights a week with an allowance given to Half Board guests • Drinks are not included in any of the Half Board supplement options
• Gym • Watersports • Table tennis • Billiards • Tennis • Bicycle hire • Spa offering thalassotherapy, spa treatments, massage, whirlpool and steam bath, all for over 16s only - pre-bookable spa day packages available • Hairdresser
• Lounge bar
• Children's pool • Hotel-run children's club, 3-12 yrs • Playground • Children's menus • Cots • Highchairs • Private swimming lessons for children • Private tennis lessons for children
• Internet • Money exchange
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, phone, CD player in selected rooms, minibar, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, beach towels, limited sea-view and balcony or terrace. Superior rooms have 1 king-size or twin beds and a sea view.
We also offer Private pool rooms, Junior suites and Suites.
Suites are in maisonette-style or on same level with separate bedrooms, more space and private pools.
6 plus a panoramic lift to the beach
5 Star deluxe
Honeymooners receive a Blue Palace Signature Honeymoon amenities.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide