Cerro da Marina details
Swanky and intimate, the Cerro da Marina is the ideal adult getaway with a countryside setting.
A pretty whitewashed complex, the Cerro da Marina couldn’t have picked a more perfect spot. Set in an upmarket residential area up in Albufeira’s hills, the views of the surrounding countryside, sea and marina are staggering. You get lashings of peace and quiet here, too. But you’re not off the beaten track. The shores are only about a 15 minute stroll. And the town’s main square, which is hemmed with shops and restaurants, is a tiny bit further.
When you want to escape from it all, though, the Cerro da Marina is as inviting as they come. Family-run, this small and friendly hotel has a homely atmosphere. Albeit a very chic one. The lobby is inviting with crisp-white walls, sprawling sofas and mood lighting. And you’ll find the same cool simplicity throughout. There’s a laid-back lounge bar with easy chairs. A stylish restaurant with an al fresco, poolside terrace. And the bedrooms have a romantic edge with canopies over the beds and a private balcony or terrace that has garden or pool views.
Outside, the green grounds are dotted with manicured lawns and palm trees. At the heart of them is the serene swimming pool, bordered by chic sun loungers and mattresses. For something more relaxing try the small, Thai inspired spa offering massage and beauty treatments. There’s plenty of space to seclude yourself among the gardens, too. Plus, you can use the health club at sister hotel Hotel de Cerro, which has some new facilities and is just a few minutes walk away..
Location• Fine hilltop location • 1km to the main square in Albufeira's town • 650m to the promenade and beach • 500m to the marina
1 hour 45 minutes
• Swimming pool • Gardens • Sunbeds and mattresses • Parasols
• Restaurant • Lounge bar serving snacks
• Pool table • Small Thai inspired spa with a free whirlpool bath, humid and dry sauna, vichy shower, massage and beauty treatments • Fitness equipment around the gardens • Guests may use facilities at Hotel de Cerro, 250m away and receive discounts at the health club there
• Evening entertainment at the Hotel de Cerro, 250m away
• Lounge bar serving snacks • Reception, open 4 hours daily • Internet • Laundry service • Ironing service • Complimentary newspapers available in the lounge.
All rooms are spacious, with terracotta tiled floors and plenty of wardrobe space. They have air-conditioning, a large LCD TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, bathroom, minibar, balcony or terrace and garden or pool view. Standard rooms sleep up to 3 with twin beds and an extra bed.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A- Z Guide