Club Hotel Riu Waikiki details
“With its modern design, chic pool scene and prime location, the Riu Waikiki has plenty to shout about.”
The Riu Waikiki is in a great location. It's just a couple of minutes’ walk to the nearest shops and bars, and five to the centre of Playa del Inglés. Plus, the hotel lays on a free bus to the beach if you don’t fancy the ten-minute stroll. And, there are regular local buses if you want to go further – a return ticket to Las Palmas, for instance, is around 10 euros.
Design-wise, it’s all about curves. The hotel’s spread over five circular towers arranged in a semi-circle. So inside, think contours all round – from the stylish lobby to the simple bedrooms. In terms of décor they’re fairly basic, decked out in white walls with peppermint green soft-furnishings and classic, warm-wood fittings.
Outside, though, it’s all about straight lines. The pool is a big, sleek number with square edges and a roomy terrace. A thatched-roofed bar and plenty of towering palms tie it all together, and it’s lit up really nicely at night.
Meals here are buffet-style, and breakfast is particularly popular. There are cereals, pastries and fruit, and you can choose Continental or cooked, with eggs any way you want them. At dinner there’s show cooking, with themed nights twice a week.
Last but not least there's the entertainment - there's something for all the family. Children have their own pool, play area, and kids’ club. And with volleyball and tennis courts, and a gym, this place doesn’t leave a single box unticked.
Location• 1.5km to the beach • Hotel bus service to the beach • 500m to the resort centre • 200m to the nearest shops and bars • Local bus service every 30 mins to Puerto Rico and Maspalomas
• Swimming pool, heated in winter • Sun terrace • Sunbeds • Parasols • Pool snack bar
• 2 non-smoking restaurants • Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with some show-cooking for main dishes • Themed buffet twice a week • Lunch is served in the main restaurant • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Shuffleboard • Workout, gym and aquagym • Volleyball • Water polo • Tennis • Table tennis • Card room - only available during lounge bar opening hours
• Daytime entertainment programmes for both adults and children daily • Evening entertainment including shows and live music • Lounge bar • Lounge with TV
• Children’s pool, heated in winter • Daytime entertainment programme for children aged 4-7 and 8-12 yrs at RiuLand kids' club • Play area • Cots
• 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Golf course 3km away at Maspalomas • Gift shop • Hairdresser • Internet access • Wireless LAN
All rooms have ceiling fan, satellite TV, phone and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds, and will take a maximum of 3 adults or 2 adults plus a child. 3rd bed is a folding bed. Single rooms available.
10, 2 lifts in each of the 5 buildings
• Full board meals • Locally produced alcoholic and soft drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide