Hotel Neptuno details
“In a central spot just footsteps from the Yumbo Centre, this gay-friendly hotel offers up everything you need for a great holiday.”
You’ll find this contemporary hotel in the heart of Playa del Ingles. It’s right next to the Yumbo Centre – Gran Canaria’s major shopping district and the epicentre of its famous gay scene – so it’s in the heart of the action. You’ve got cabaret, comedy and all-night clubbing on the doorstep, not to mention a tempting mix of al fresco restaurants and lively drinking dens. Try Ricky’s Bar for a cheeky drag queen comedy show, or head to Heaven, the Gran Canarian branch of the famous London club, for pumping dance music. Whatever your idea of a great night out, this place delivers. The Neptuno is just as well-placed for the beach, too – the Maspalomas dunes are a 10-minute walk away, while the gay beach is about 20.
As for the accommodation itself, it’s a sand-coloured, six-storey number. Outside, most of the action centres around the lagoon-like pool – not surprising as it even comes with its own waterslide. There’s a wide palm tree-dotted terrace, too, scattered with loungers and parasols.
Head inside and the vibe is just as laidback. Style-wise, the bedrooms aren’t exactly cutting-edge, but they’re well-dressed and spacious. White walls and tiled floors give them an airy feel, while brightly patterned bedspreads and comfy armchairs keep things homely.
On the food front, the Neptuno does a great line in help-yourself breakfasts and international dinner buffets. And as a little extra, the staff put on themed lunches twice a week – think sizzling barbecue feasts or Spanish-inspired tapas and paella.
Location• Playa del Inglés • In the resort centre, next to the Yumbo shopping complex and busy nightlife • 20m to nearest shops, bars and restaurants • 1.1km to the beach with courtesy buses to Playa del Inglés Beach and Maspalomas Beach
• Swimming pool • Sunbeds • Pool bar
Dining room serving buffet meals Waiter service on request for main course at dinner
• Pool table • Table tennis • Keep-fit classes
• Various team games, competitions and shows • Live music twice a week • Lounge bar • Satellite TV room
• 24hr reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Shop • Wi-Fi in the lobby
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV - limited English channels, telephone, radio, minibar, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds, 3rd bed is a foldaway. Single rooms available.
• Full board meals and snacks • Local alcoholic and imported drinks, soft drinks, tea and coffee • All party members must book the same board type • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Exclusively for Adults
- Thomson’s Exclusively for Adults range offers you the chance to find total tranquillity in a resort free from the bustle of families and young people
- This carefully selected range of resort offers you the chance to enjoy a relaxed and independent break with your partner or a group of close friends
- Thomson and the resort owners guarantee not knowingly to sell to anyone under the age of 16