Occidental Grand Aruba details
The beach at the Occidental Grand Aruba is a real scene-stealer. Its white sands are dotted with thatched umbrellas and they run right up to the hotel’s main pool terrace. And at sunset you get great views from the Bikini Beach Bar. Inside the hotel there’s a buffet restaurant and four à la cartes, including a really popular Asian and Italian. The rooms are worth a mention, too. Their colourful woven throws and elaborate wooden headboards give them a real Caribbean look.
Location• Within easy reach of Oranjestad, the capital
Distance to beach:
• Gift shop • Boutique • Book shop • Public bus service nearby • Laundry service • Tropical garden.
• Swimming pool with waterfall and whirlpools • Towels • Swim-up bar
• The Palm main restaurant • L'Olio Italian, El Olividio Tex Mex, Zen Oriental and Desire Caribbean Fusion restaurants.
• Sailing - 20 minutes per day • Scuba diving* • Intro scuba diving lesson in pool • Snorkelling • Kayaks • Water polo • Tennis court - floodlighting* • Table tennis • Darts • Beach football
Health & Fitness
• Massage* in beach cabanas
• Evening entertainment • Daytime activities • Live shows • Theme nights • Casino* 12am-3am • Beach bar • Cocktail bar • Lounge bar.
• Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12 years 9.00-17.00.
From Summer 2012 this hotel will have a tour operator rating of 4+.
30 minute couples' massage, dinner and champagne, continental breakfast in bed, Signature shirts for the newlyweds, honeymoon photo, turndown service - all are one per couple. Please present holiday invoice indicating "Honeymoon" and a copy of recent marriage certificate on arrival. From £239 per couple.
Deluxe rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with 1 king-size or 2 double beds, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, hairdryer, iron/board, radio, satellite TV, Wi-Fi*, phone, coffee-maker and a balcony or terrace.
Grand Concierge Deluxe rooms have the above facilities plus a concierge service, bathrobes, fruit basket, spa discount and turndown service.
Royal Club Luxury Ocean-view rooms have the above plus a private check-in at The Royal Club, use of the private Royal Club lounge, room service, restaurant and concierge services.
Food: Buffet meals. Dinner in the à la carte restaurants. Snacks.
Drink: Unlimited alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and juices plus house wine with dinner.
Sports and Activities: All are included except where indicated *.
Tropical Treats: Free introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool and free use of non-motorised watersports, including canoes and windsurfing