Riu Tikida Garden details
This big hotel is tucked into pretty gardens, and offers up easy access to the centre of Marrakech – no wonder RIU have snapped it up.
The Tikida Garden is part of the well-respected RIU chain, which means you can look forward to the first-class facilities and standout service with which the RIU name is synonymous. What’s more, because there’s so much choice when it comes to sports, activities and dining, your days here can be as busy or as relaxed as you like. The list of things to do features the usual suspects like tennis, mini football and volleyball, as well as the likes of aqua aerobics. You’ll also find a gym and spa, which offers up a Turkish bath and massage. Then there’s the swimming pool to consider. It’s huge, and is surrounded by rows of sunbeds and parasols, backed by tall palms and bursts of bougainvillea. On the dining front, you’ve got two restaurants to choose from. Buffets come courtesy of the main one, which matches international mainstays with local staples. Show-cooking and themed nights are on the agenda, too. Elsewhere, there’s a Moroccan eatery where favourites like tagines and couscous top the menu. After dinner, settle in to the lounge bar. This moodlit nightspot hosts the regular shows and discos. Lastly, the bedrooms here are spread out among the hotel’s leafy grounds. They’re modern spaces, with satellite TVs and air-conditioning. If you want a bit more room, upgrade to a suite, which comes with a lounge area.
Location• In the Palmeraie area of the city, 3km from the city centre • 4km from the famous Place Jemaa El Fna and Koutoubia Mosque • Hotel-run bus to resort centre during the day
20 to 45 minutes
• Swimming pool • Indoor heated pool 11.00-15.00, November-March - at a charge outside of these times • Gardens • Pool towels • Sunbeds • Parasols
• Air-conditioned non-smoking restaurant with terrace • Buffet meals • Buffet lunch on pool terrace • Themed evenings • Moroccan restaurant • Snack bar
• Tennis • Mini-football • Volleyball • Darts • Minigolf • Badminton • Table tennis • Gym 15.00-19.00 - at a charge at other times
• Entertainment programme including belly dancing • Live music or DJ several nights a week • Lounge • Gallery area above reception • Nightly cabaret
• Kids' pool • Hotel-run kids' club for 4-12 years during school holidays • Playground • Cots • Highchairs
• Lobby Wi-Fi zone • 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Massage • Turkish bath • Aqua aerobics • Spa treatments • Massage • Money exchange • Hairdresser • Souvenir shop/boutique • Laundry service • Bicycle hire
All rooms have air-conditioning - June to September, satellite TV, phone, Wi-Fi, mini-fridge and hairdryer, and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms sleep 3 with twin beds and an extra bed. Single rooms available.
• Buffet meals in main restaurant • Traditional Moroccan à la carte restaurant for dinner - reservation required • Select local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide