Aqua Fun Club details
With its throng of slides totaling a huge four-zero, this place has got more twists and turns than an episode of EastEnders.
Souks, snake charmers, shisha pipes – all the best stuff in Marrakech begins with ‘s’. And now you can add slides and SplashWorld to the list. The Aqua Fun Club has some first-rate rides – like sky-high multilane racers and a wide chute that the whole gang can hurtle down together in a big rubber boat. But they didn’t choose quality over quantity here – they went for both. There are 18 mega slides in total, plus 22 tamer ones to keep younger kids busy.
From the slides’ lofty viewpoints you can clock the peaks of the Atlas Mountains, or peer down at the hotel’s sprawling 10-acre grounds. They make good use of all that space – as well as the water slides, there are 5 pools to dunk in, a rafting river and wave pool. Not to mention sports courts, a spa, and gym.
Refuel in one of 3 restaurants – Moroccan, Asian or Italian – or at the fast-food court. There’s a clutch of good bars, too. And if you fancy seeing the rose city itself, a free shuttle bus will whizz you to the centre of Marrakech in 20 minutes.
Location• 18km from Marrakech centre
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout the hotel • Laundry service* • Free shuttle bus to resort centre • Gift shop*
• 3 outdoor swimming pools, 2 of which are adults only • 2 indoor pools - 1 for adults and 1 for children • Sunbeds • Parasols • On-site aquapark including 18 slides for adults and 22 for children
• Daytime activities programme • Tennis • Football • Volleyball • Handball • Minigolf
Health & Fitness
• Fully equipped gym • Spa offering a range of massages and beauty treatments*
• 3 bars - lobby bar, piano bar and Afanida bar • Disco* • Entertainment programme • Evening shows
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, shower, hairdryer, phone, minibar stocked daily with 1 bottle of water per person and a balcony or terrace.
Double rooms sleep up to 3 with a double bed, an extra bed and garden views. Double rooms for single occupancy and Pool-view double rooms are also available.
Family rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children with a double bed and an extra bed.
Food: Full board buffet meals.
Drink: Selected local alcoholic and soft drinks until 24:00.
Sports and Activities: All are included except where indicated *.
• 4 buffet restaurants: "Mediterranean" main buffet and "Pizza Pino" Italian restaurants for all meals, "Tajine" Moroccan for lunch and dinner and "Asiatique" Asian for dinner • "Columbus" café*
Charges may be made for some facilities in addition to those highlighted as payable locally above.
* - payable locally
** - deposit required
† - Minimum age 14 years
†† - Minimum age 16 years
††† - Minimum age 18 years
*** - Must be accompanied by an adult
We say... SplashWorld
We’ve got no choice but to give this one a jaw-dropping 10. It stocks the usual suspects like Kamikaze and Black Hole, but it’s got an army of one-of-a-kind slides, too.