Adaaran 'Select' Hudhuran Fushi details
“Just steps from the sea, the Hudhuranfushi Island Resort is a relaxing escape on one of the Maldives’ largest islands.”
The name of this place translates to ‘island of white gold’, and the bright stretch of shoreline it fronts certainly delivers. It’s made up of 137 bungalows hidden among palms and tropical greenery. And, because it’s set on one of the biggest islands in the Maldives, there’s plenty of space for exploring – and lots more in the way of peace and quiet.
Inside the bungalows, white walls are brightened up with sunny yellow fabrics and chunky wood furniture, while muslin blinds create an airy feel. Everything is geared up for al fresco living, too, with tables and chairs, and open-air showers completing the picture. As for the ocean villas, they’re rather special. They’re supported by stilts and lined up along a wooden jetty that juts out over the ocean. Go for one of these and you can step down from your terrace and into the sea, within seconds of waking up in the morning.
Over at the pool area, there’s plenty more room to relax. The main pool dominates the space, with a swim-up bar and a smaller children’s pool beside it. Smart decking edges the water and there are loungers and parasols. If you prefer the sea, as a guest here you can book in for a free scuba lesson – it’s the best way to really get to know life under the water.
On the food front, buffet meals are served up in the Banyan restaurant. Four big tables offer up hot dishes, salads, grills and desserts – and don’t be surprised if spicy curries feature on the menu at breakfast. Plus, the Sunset restaurant serves up à la carte options and great views of the Indian Ocean for nights when you fancy splashing out.
Location• On the beach • 25.7km from Malé airport
30 minutes by speedboat
• Swimming pool • Sun terrace • Sunbeds • Sunset poolside snack bar • Swim-up bar
• Banyan main restaurant • Sunset fine dining restaurant serving à la carte dishes • Coffee shop • 4 bars - Sunset Bar, Lohis Bar, Hiyala Bar and beach bar • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Gym • Badminton and squash • Tennis • Table tennis • Football • Volleyball
• Evening entertainment programme including live music, karaoke, disco, traditional shows and beach parties
• Introductory scuba diving lesson • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Snorkelling • Sailing • Windsurfing • Water-skiing • Catamaran sailing • Banana boats • Canoeing • Spa • Volleyball • Souvenir shop • Jewellery boutique • Laundry service • Cyber café • Sports equipment
This resort will have a tour operator rating of 3 plus from Summer 2012.
All rooms have air-conditioning, bath and open-air shower, satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities and minibar. Beach villas have double or twin beds.
We also offer Ocean villas.
Ocean villas have modern and contemporary rooms, and sleep up to 3 with 1 kingsize bed and an extra bed. Villas are supported by stilts and lined up along a wooden jetty that juts out over the ocean. Guests can acess the sea directly from their villa terrace. Minimum age 12 years.
• Full board in main restaurant • Afternoon tea, cakes and snacks in main bar • Selected beer and selected local house spirits • Selected soft drinks • House wine served by the glass with lunch and dinner • Late evening snacks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide