Meeru Island Resort details
The stylish Meeru Island Resort Hotel strikes the perfect note for a tranquil getaway.
From Malé, it’s just a 55-minute speedboat ride to this contemporary resort on Meerufenfushi Island. It's fronted by white sands that run for one-and-a-half kilometres in all, and some stretches are almost untouched. Factor in hammocks strung between palms and a lagoon that stays shallow for a long way out, and you’re all set for R&R.
The accommodation is spread out around the island and ranges from garden houses tucked into the trees to stylish Jacuzzi Water Villas – over-the-water hideaways accessed by your own private jetty. Rooms here are all wooden walls and colourful cushions and, as you might expect from a hotel in the Maldives, you’ll find the odd linen curtain fluttering around the corners of a four-poster bed.
You’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to food. There are two buffet restaurants crowned with grass roofs and a couple of à la carte eateries. Set over the water, the Asian Wok specialises in Japanese, Indian and Thai food, while, at the Goma Grill, you can choose to dine on the deck of a dhow-like yacht. The newest offering here is the Hot Rock restaurant, where you can cook your own food using a sizzling volcanic rock.
Elsewhere, there’s a rectangular pool by the beach and a newly-built adults-only infinity pool near the Jacuzzi Water Villas. Lastly, the Dunive Spa is perfect for pampering. We’re talking massages and exotic body wraps all performed in luxurious, over-water cabanas.
Location• Meerufenfushi Island • Surrounded by a lagoon and long stretches of white, sandy beach • 45km from Malé airport
50 minutes by speedboat
• Swimming pool, adults only • Sunbeds round the pool and on the beach • Complimentary beach towels
• 5 open-air restaurants serving international meals • Themed evenings • Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at the 2 buffet restaurants - you'll be allocated a restaurant on arrival depending on the location of your room • Snack bar • Beach bar • The following are not part of your All Inclusive package: • 3 à la carte restaurants - over the water Asian Wok restaurant, Hot Rock and The Gorma restaurants • Cappuccino and espresso coffee • Fresh fruit juice • Cocktails
• Fitness centre • Kayaks • Tennis • Volleyball • Badminton • 1 sunset cruise per stay • 30 minute snorkelling lesson • 30 minute windsurfing lesson • 30 minute golf driving range lesson
• Weekly evening entertainment programme including dance shows, disco, movies and live bands • 6 bars • Library
• Children's wading pool • Buffet • Cots
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi • Massage • Hairdresser • Spa treatments • Money exchange • Internet • 24-hour reception • Room service • Minibar in room • Souvenir shop • Laundry service • Bicycle hire • Charge for the hire of some equipment • 9 hole pitch and putt golf course
Beach Villas have king-size or twin beds, partial open-air shower, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, broadband internet connection, phone, cable TV, CD/DVD player, tea/coffee machine, beach towels, complimentary toiletries, nightly turndown service, hairdryer, private terrace and sea view.
We also offer Jacuzzi Beach Villas, Water Villas and Jacuzzi Water Villas.
Jacuzzi Beach Villas are larger and have an upgraded bedroom with a four poster bed with the same facilities as Beach Villas plus a seating area with private small tropical garden and a whirlpool for two.
Water Villas are located at the water's edge and have an uprgaded bedroom with a four poster bed with the same facilities as Beach Villas plus a large balcony with lagoon views, spacious bathroom area with double sinks, private outdoor seating area and a whirlpool for two. Please note that under 18s aren't allowed in the Water Villas.
Jacuzzi Water Villas are located over the water and have an upgraded bedroom with king-size or twin beds with the same facilities as Water Villas plus an espresso machine, large balcony, bathrobes, double sinks in the bathroom, seating area, a whirlpool for two and a private sundeck with steps into the sea. Please note that under 18s aren't allowed in the Jacuzzi Water Villas.
• Full Board • Afternoon tea and snacks • Selected alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, bottled water, canned fruit juice, coffee, tea and iced coffee • Minibar - restocked daily with water, soft drinks, beer, tea and coffee • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide