Embudu Village details
Set on its own private island, the Embudu Village is every inch the exotic retreat.
The Embudu Village is set on one of the smallest islands in the South Male Atoll, so it’s got quite an intimate feel to it. Looks-wise, it’s everything you’d expect from the Maldives – think white sands, clear waters and tropical gardens.
As you’d expect, the beach plays a starring role. It’s a powder-soft stretch fringed by palm trees, hammocks and comfy loungers. And the island a real hit with divers, thanks to the marine life that finds a home in these parts. Whether you’re an experienced diver or a novice, there are plenty of courses to choose from at the island’s dive centre.
As for the accommodation itself, you’ll find a selection of bungalows dotted in among the greenery and a few jutting out over the ocean on stilts. Whitewashed walls, and wood-beamed ceilings give them a traditional feel. Inside, things have been kept simple and light. In terms of the bedrooms, that means vanilla walls, big iron bedsteads, and cool tiled floors. Contemporary touches, meanwhile, come in the form of air-conditioning, satellite TVs and in-room coffee machines. Water villas offer up whirlpool baths, too, as well as some fabulous panoramic views.
Last but not least, the restaurant here serves everything up buffet-style. We’re talking cooked-to-order breakfast pancakes and omelettes, as well as big international lunch and dinner spreads. There are regular theme nights, too, and, as you’d expect, seafood often heads up the menu in these parts.
Location• On Embudu island • 8km from Malé airport
45 minutes by fast dhoni
• Buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner • Nightly themed buffets • Snacks 16.00-18.00 • Beach bar, twice weekly
• Volleyball • Badminton • Table tennis • Darts
• Magic act • Disco with DJ
• The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Canoes • Windsurfing • Scuba diving • Catamaran • Internet • Money exchange • Souvenir shop • Gem shop • Safety deposit box
All rooms have air-conditioning, phone, fridge and hairdryer. Superior rooms have a double bed. Max. occupancy is 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 years.
We also offer Water bungalows.
Water bungalows are available until October 2013 and have king-size bed, shower, Jacuzzi™ bath, satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities, terrace and sea view. Children under 12 years old are not allowed to stay in these rooms.
All Inclusive Option
• Full Board • Snacks • Selected alcoholic and soft drinks • Restrictions may apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide