Grand Palladium Colonial & Kantenah Resorts & Spa details
“Tropical, sun-drenched and peaceful, the Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is something special.”
The Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa is a Mexican-style masterpiece. Pillars, palm-thatch and geometric shapes are the design watchwords here. The open-sided lobby is filled with carved wood furniture, comfy club chairs and ornamental gardens that give it a tropical feel.
Elsewhere, the bedrooms are tastefully decorated in a peach, green and cream palette. Pale wood furniture, a private balcony and marble floors add a touch of elegance to an otherwise simple space. Junior Suites, meanwhile, come with nice-to-have extras like hydro-massage baths, bathrobes and slippers.
As for the beach, the hotel sits on the pillow-soft Playa Kantenah – the stretch of white sand it takes its name from. Washed by turquoise waters, it comes with sunbeds, parasols and a range of watersports that run the gamut from kayaking to snorkelling.
Sand aside, it’s the pool area that steals the limelight. There’s a huge lake-like pool that snakes its way around the sun terrace. To complete the picture, add a swim-up bar, whirlpool baths and a generous sprinkling of swaying palms.
When it comes to food and entertainment, this hotel really comes into its own. As part of the Palladium Resort, it shares everything but the Royal Suite facilities with sister hotels Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium White Sands Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa. So means there’s a huge 21 bars, 8 à la carte and 5 buffet restaurants here to tempt you. Plus with everything from competitions to cabaret, you’re really spoilt for choice when it comes to how to spend your evenings.
Location• On Playa Kantenah beach • Located in tropical gardens • 4km to Akumal fishing village • 9km to Puerto Aventuras • 32km to Playa del Carmen
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
• 7 swimming pools including adults only saltwater pool with whirlpool bath and bar service, open until midnight • Rectangle-shaped pool • Pool bar • Snack bar • Terraces • Sunbeds and towels
• 5 buffet restaurants, 3 air-conditioned and 2 al fresco, including: La Hacienda with Italian corner, non smoking, Mexican corner and show cooking; Tikal with Italian corner, non smoking, Mexican corner and show cooking; El Gran Azul with Italian corner and show cooking • 4 à la carte restaurants including: Mare Nostrum Mediterranean; Japanese Sumptuori; La Adelita Mexican and El Dorado Steak House • Restaurants are air-conditioned and are non-smoking restaurants • 24-hour snack bar • Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala meals
• Daily activity programme • Tennis courts • Minigolf • Beach volleyball • Beach football • Non-motorised watersports including water polo, canoes, pedalos and windsurfing • Basketball • Gym, sauna, steam bath, pediluvium and whirlpool bath • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Archery • Rifle shooting • Badminton • Pétanque • 2 paddle tennis courts • Table tennis • Darts
• Daily games, sports and competitions • Evening entertainment programme • 14 bars including 1 in a theatre with live acts, cigar lounge bar and reading lounge bar • Sunset Boulevard Disco in the Grand Palladium Riviera Hotel • Daily cabaret shows in the theatre • Karaoke twice a week
• Children's pool • Baby Club for 1-3 years from 09:00 to 20:00 • Hotel-run miniclub El Ranchito open from 09:00 to 23:00 for 4-12 years by the Grand Palladium Colonial • Playroom and playground • Children's menu in à la carte restaurants • Highchairs • Black & White Junior Club from 11:00 to 24:00 for 13-19 years with billiards, music, internet and video games
• Wi-Fi in lobby • 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Shopping centre including photo, souvenir, crafts, jewellery and clothes shops • Internet in Sports bar • Spa treatments and massage • PADI approved scuba diving school • Games room and library in Hemingway bar • Hairdresser
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, iPod docking station, telephone, minibar refilled daily, tea and coffee making facilities, iron/board, hairdryer and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms have a king-size or double bed and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children under 12 yrs.
We also offer Junior suites.
Junior suites are equipped with hydro massage baths and have bathrobes and slippers.
Honeymoon offer includes a bottle of tequila, king-size bed - subject to availability, fruit basket on arrival and a special romantic dinner for two.
• Full board • 24-hour snacks at beach bar • Locally selected alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • International premium branded drinks at Hemingway's bar and until 02:00 in the disco Sunset Boulevard • Churchill's Bar • Beer in the snack bar from 20:00 to 08:00 • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Hotel run kids' club
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide