Grecotel Amirandes details
A symphony of water, stone, wood and glass, this cutting-edge hotel mixes a hint of Minoan with modern-day comforts.
Laid out over huge gardens - all 70,000 square metres of them – this hotel is designed with the same graceful simplicity that marks ancient Cretan architecture.
Inside the lobby, the effect is dramatic. Huge glass panels frame views that stretch out to sea. And the grounds are a chequerboard of stone pathways and courtyards set around squared-off lakes and lagoons.
The main pool is impressive, too. With pillars rising up from its waters, it’s edged by sunloungers and a brasserie where guests can enjoy fresh Greek salads or morning coffees. And just a stone’s throw from here, you’ll find the beach, carpeted in soft, pale sands.
The pool bar is just one of the culinary options. Buffet breakfasts are served in the main restaurant, Amirandes, and pan-global à la carte dishes come courtesy of the waterfront Lago Di Candia restaurant. Close by, the seafront Petrino is the place for fresh fish and seafood pasta. And in the Blue Monkey restaurant, the décor very nearly steals the limelight from the Asian cuisine. All rich reds and golds, diners sit on flame-red wicker chairs that Damien Hirst could have designed.
As for the bedrooms, it’s luxury all the way. Picture suede-padded walls behind the beds, Oriental-style wooden furniture and sleek, glass-panelled balconies. Add satellite TVs, minibars and DVD players and you’ve got a smart boudoir.
The hotel has also got a luxury spa. It’s styled in softly-lit stone and wood and comes with indoor pool, massage suites and state-of-the-art gym.
Location• 1.5km to Gouves • 10km to Hersonissos
• Olympic-sized saltwater swimming pool • Indoor pool, heated Oct-Apr • Pool bar
• Buffet restaurant • 4 à la carte restaurants: traditional Greek, Mediterranean, Cretan with set menu and Asian • A la carte restaurants are not included in the Half Board package • Poolside brasserie
• Gym • Sauna • Spa • Beauty treatments • Massage • 3 tennis courts with floodlighting, equipment and lessons available • Beach volleyball • Mini-football • Basketball • Mountain biking nearby • Crete Golf Club nearby, Golf academy in house - guests get a green fee reduction • Table tennis
• Entertainment programme with dance shows • Live music • Amphitheatre • TV room • Open-air cinema 3 times a week
• Children's pool • Hotel-run kids' club for 3-12 yrs • Playground • Grecoland tasty corner for 3-12 yrs, 11.00-17.00 • Kids' menu in all à la carte restaurants • Highchairs • Cots
• Mini-market • 2 boutiques - Amirandes and Fifty/Fifty • Jewellery shop • Internet facilities • Card room • Library • 24hr room service • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning, TV, DVD player, tea/coffee facilties, balcony or terrace with garden view. Superior rooms are as standard to sleep up to 2 adults and 1 child with a double bed.
We also offer Luxury rooms, Premium double rooms, Suites and Suites with private pools or sea views.
Luxury rooms have a direct or side sea view and are located in the Candia or Lagoon wings.
Premium double rooms have a front row terrace.
Suites have a master bedroom, double and twin beds, living room with sofa-beds separated by sliding doors, garden or full sea views, and are suitable for up to 2 adults and 2 children. Suites with private pool on the ground floor are also available.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Grecotel Amirandes:
in Ari Atoll