The Island Hotel details
Part of our Thomson Couples range, this adults-only hotel scores a double coup - a beachside setting and design-led interiors.
From the outside, this whitewashed hotel has a pared-back stone appearance. Step inside, though, and it’s a different story. Polished wooden floors and spot-lit ceilings provide the backdrop for a stylish mix of chairs and chaise lounges. The bedrooms, meanwhile, are all about comfort. Think silk cushions and velvet armchairs. Plus, you can opt for a suite with a private or shared pool if you want to splash out.
When it comes to meals, you’ve got plenty of choice. The Stone is the place to head for all-day dining. And if you’d rather stay on your lounger, the staff will bring your order to you. Then you’ve got The Kitchen, for breakfast or evening meals. Or the Taverna Grill à la carte restaurant for your evening meal at an extra charge.
The pools are another talking point. The main one is framed by oversized loungers and luxurious daybeds lining the water’s edge. There’s another pool with hydrojet curtains in the bathhouse, as well as a whirlpool bath, steam room and a sauna. Plus, for perfect chill-out time there's a quiet pool.
Location• On the beach • 19km to Heraklion city centre
• 3 swimming pools - 1 indoor • Showers • Double daybeds • Sunbeds • Parasols • Double hammocks • Outdoor hydro-massage pool
• Main restaurant for buffet breakfast and dinner - included in Half Board • The Stone all day dining with waiter service • The Taverna - A la carte and events for dinner with waiter service - 1 visit per stay is included for those on Half Board. Please note, this restaurant is open depending on occupancy • Smart-casual dress code with long trousers required • Outdoor dining areas are open depending on weather
• Gym • Tennis • Volleyball • Basketball • Games room • Table tennis • Greek language and cookery lessons • Cocktail-making lessons • Boules • Darts • Wellbeing classes - yoga, pilates, Tai Chi and body stretch
• Veranda lounge • Tholos bar • Yachting bar • TV lounge • Resident musicians • Greek night
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout • Internet corner • Room service until 22.00 • Spa with a whirlpool bath and pool hydro-jets • Laundry • Dry cleaning • Ironing service • Doctor on call • Church within grounds • Library • Mini-market
All rooms have air-conditioning, LCD satellite TV, free Wi-Fi, bath with shower, hairdryer, fridge, kettle, bathrobes, slippers, daily bottle of water, tea and coffee facilities, natural latex upper mattress and balcony or terrace. Standard room sleeps up to 3 with 1 double or twin beds and a garden or land view. 3rd bed is a permanent sofa-bed. Sea-view rooms are available.
We also offer Sea-view rooms, Double sea-view rooms with a shared pool, Sea-view suites with a hydro-massage bath, Sea-view suites with a private pool and hydro-massage bath and a Pool-view maisonette Suite with a large shared pool.
Double sea-view rooms with a shared pool sleep up to 2 adults with a king-size bed, open-plan bathroom, hydro-massage bath and access to a shared hydro-massage pool and private terrace with sunbeds and a parasol. Private terraces are shared between 2 rooms.
Sea-view suite sleeps up to 3 adults with a king-size bed in the bedroom and a sofabed in the separate lounge equipped with a satellite 32'' LCD TV, DVD/CD player hydro-massage bath, an additional rainfall shower, kitchenette and a furnished balcony.
Suites with a private pool sleep up to 2 adults with king-size bed, sofa-bed,a DVD and CD player, open-plan bathroom, hydro-massage bath, additional bathroom with rainfall shower, separate living room, kitchenette and a private pool, large veranda with grass area and outdoor furniture.
Pool-view maisonette suites with a large shared pool sleeps up to 3 adults with a king-size bed, a sofa-bed in the lounge, open plan bathroom with hydro-massage bath and rainfall shower, DVD/CD player, an additional bathroom with rainfall shower, a kitchenette, a balcony and ground terrace with sunbeds, parasols and swim-up access to the large shared pool.
2 in main building
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide