Hotel Bristol details
Jaw-dropping views. Two stylish restaurants. And a glamorous pool scene. It’s no wonder so many guests return to the Hotel Bristol year after year.
Perched on a cliff above Marina Grande, this family-run hotel is in a prime position for some of Sorrento’s best views. Not only can you see all the way along the coast, you can spot Mount Vesuvius in the distance. In fact, this hotel’s arguably got one of the best seats in town. What’s more, it’s just a ten-minute walk down the hill into Sorrento proper.
The best places to soak up the Bristol’s views are in the restaurants. Well-placed on the seventh floor, these two stylish eateries offer floor-to-ceiling windows. On the food front, there’s a mix of Neapolitan cuisine and international favourites on the à la carte menus.
Elsewhere, the bedrooms are elegantly styled in a palette of soft vanilla. Big beds take centre-stage, while painted floor tiles and brightly-coloured soft furnishings add a chic but homely feel. Most of the rooms come with a sea view, too, so it’s worth asking about one when you book.
Lastly, the hotel’s swimming pool is a fantastic spot to unwind. It’s a classic rectangular number framed by a sun terrace that's topped with sunloungers. And again, it’s perfectly placed to make the most of the views. In fact, there’s a real vintage glamour to this scene – order a cocktail here, relax on the sun terrace and you could easily be back in the Riviera’s heydays.
Location• Built into the cliffside overlooking Marina Grande • 800m to the resort centre • Transfers may take up to 3 hrs during August Italian holidays
1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
• Rooftop pool with views over Sorrento • Sunbeds • Pool snack bar, May-Oct • Hillside garden with lemon & olive groves
• All meals are waiter service in the non-smoking restaurant - breakfast also offers a cold buffet • Vegetarian meals available • Flexible dining - guests may choose either Half Board lunch or dinner - informing the head waiter in the morning • Gentlemen are required to wear trousers to dinner
• Minigolf • Table tennis • Computer games and internet point • Fitness room • Sauna
• Main bar with terrace on the 7th floor offering stunning views • Small seating area in reception • Live music 3 times a week, May-Oct • Top floor reading lounge
• Cots for hire • Children's play area
• Wi-Fi • Internet • Room service • Air-conditioning 15 Jun-15 Sept, 8hrs a day
All rooms have 2 or 3 beds, air-conditioning, satellite TV, radio, phone, minibar, hairdryer and are non-smoking.
Standard rooms on the lower floors have twin beds. Sea-view rooms with or without balcony and Single rooms are also available.
Junior suites have a balcony and sea view.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide