Hotel La Solara details
This hotel with a view is one for foodies – the restaurant here regularly scores highly in our Customer Satisfaction Questionnaires.
The Hotel La Solara has been designed to get you away from it all. The hotel is set on a hillside, 3 kilometres from the heart of Sorrento, and it’s surrounded by olive trees and orchards.
The hotel’s focal point is the swimming pool. It’s huge, and sidles up to a large sun terrace with lots of parasols and loungers. The best part is, you can see the sea from here. There’s a pool bar here, too, which offers waiter service if you don’t feel like moving from your sunbed.
The food at this place is well worth a mention – a set menu of Neapolitan specialities and national Italian classics is served in the restaurant every night. The eatery itself has a large bay window, which looks out over the mountain scenery to the sea.
Location• A secluded spot‚ 3km from Sorrento • 800m downhill to Marina di Puolo Beach with black, volcanic sand • Nearest small local supermarket 800m • Complimentary hourly shuttle bus into Sorrento centre every day
• Large pool, open Mar-Nov, heated Mar-Apr and Oct-Nov • Raised sun terrace • Sunbeds • Pool towels • Pool bar and snack bar with waiter service
Sea-view rooms sleeping 2 or 3 with a balcony available. 4 bedded rooms with a balcony, and with or without a sea-view are also available. They sleep 2 or 3 with twin beds and an extra bed, or 4 with twin beds and bunk beds.
• Non-smoking dining room • Continental buffet breakfast; other meals are waiter service • Choice of menu for dinner with buffet style Italian salad bar • Vegetarian and coeliac meals available • A la carte menu on request • Weekly gala dinner with live music • Gentlemen are required to wear long trousers for dinner
• Fitness studio
• Live music in lounge 3 times a week • Small bar with conservatory and waiter service • Reception/lounge bar • Italian lessons twice per week • Games area in the lemon grove garden behind the swimming pool area
• Separate paddling pool • Cots
• Free Wi-Fi zones throughout
All rooms have air-conditioning Jun-Sep, flatscreen satellite TV, phone, Wi-Fi, radio, minibar and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds and may be cliff facing with restricted views.
Free sparkling wine and fruit for those marking their honeymoon‚ silver or golden wedding anniversaries
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide