Grand Hotel de la Ville details
With unbeatable views and its own private beach, the Grand Hotel De La Ville makes the most of Sorrento’s coastline.
It’s the location that scores top marks here. Set in a quiet residential area of Sorrento, the Grand Hotel De La Ville is only a few minutes walk from the town centre, so you’re perfectly placed for exploring. What’s more, there’s a miniature beach just around the corner. Lined with loungers and parasols, it’s a great spot for enjoying Sorrento’s coastline.
At first glance, the hotel’s gleaming windows and buttermilk-coloured walls set a contemporary scene. Inside, though, things have gone down the traditional route. We’re talking dark-wood furniture, polished marble floors and gilt-framed oil paintings.
The bedrooms are just as elegant. A canvas of pastel yellows and dusty oranges set the tone, while painted tile floors and carved wooden beds add an authentic Italian touch. Each room comes with a private balcony, too, complete with a sea or garden view. Plus air-conditioning, internet access and minibars are part of the package.
Outside, the swimming pool takes centre-stage. Nestled among greenery, it’s framed by loungers and parasols. There’s a whirlpool bath in the gardens, too. And if you head up to the rooftop, you’ll find another smaller pool offering up fantastic views of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius.
As for dining, the Grand Hotel De La Ville prides itself on a fantastic selection of local and international dishes. Breakfast is a help-yourself affair, snacks are available in the garden at lunchtime, while evening meals are a mix of à la carte cuisine and buffets. It’s worth checking out the weekly gala nights, too – you’ll get a taste of authentic Italy with live music to boot.
Location• 200m to Sorrento's busy main square, Piazza Lauro, and the hotel's sister property, the Royal • Close to shops and restaurants
1 hour 30 minutes
• 2 swimming pools with hydro-massage section - 1 is rooftop • Pool bar • Sunbeds, Jun-Sep • Deckchairs • Cabins • Parasols • Towels • Access to bathing platform with deckchairs and cabins at sister Hotel Royal, Jun-Sep
• Elegant restaurant with garden view • Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast • Choice of menu at dinner • Snacks and barbecue meals available at lunchtime, served in the garden area • A la carte is also available • Weekly gala buffet dinner, May-Oct
• Table tennis in the garden • 3 public tennis courts 250m away
• Live music and dancing twice weekly, May-Oct • Weekly piano bar from Jun-Sep • Weekly Neapolitan evening, May-Oct • TV and card room • Board games • 2 lounges, 1 with garden view • 2 bars, including poolside bar
• Cots for hire
• 24hr reception • Currency exchange • Internet point and Wi-Fi in the common areas • Dry cleaning • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning mid-May to mid-Oct, satellite TV, telephone, radio, internet, minibar, hairdryer and balcony. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds. Side sea-view rooms, Sea-view rooms and Single rooms available.
Free bottle of sparkling wine in room on arrival for honeymooners.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide for more details