Grand Hotel Capodimonte details
Blending timeless glamour with a distinctly modern edge, it’s no wonder the Grand Hotel Capodimonte rates so highly with TripAdvisor reviewers.
This is one of our most sought-after hotels in Sorrento. Set on the edge of a cliff that looks out across the Bay of Naples, it makes for a dramatic sight. And as you can imagine, the views from here are seriously impressive. We’re talking widescreen panoramas of Sorrento and the silhouette of Mount Vesuvius beyond. But all that dramatic scenery doesn’t mean you’re out on a limb – central Sorrento is just a ten-minute walk away.
As for the hotel itself, it’s every inch the chic Italian retreat, framed by lemon groves and bougainvillea. Step inside and a classic but unpretentious set-up greets you – think marble floors, twinkling chandeliers and elegant inlaid-wood furniture. Likewise, the bedrooms are just as well-dressed. Kitted out in warm creams with pastel-coloured soft furnishings, they make comfortable spaces. Factor in contemporary trimmings like air-conditioning, plasma TVs and minibars, and you’ve got all you need for a relaxing base.
Outside, the star of the show is the pool scene. Cocooned by greenery, it cascades down the hillside, forming five lagoon-like pools along the way. Plus, they all come bordered by terraces that make prime sunbathing territory. Add that to phenomenal sea views and a stylish pool bar and you’ve got a great relaxation spot.
There are two restaurants here, serving up a mix of Neopolitan cuisine and international dishes. Both feature floor-to-ceiling windows, and in the summer you can dine al fresco on the restaurant terraces.
Location• Close to the old town and the picturesque fishing harbour of Marina Grande • 300m to shops, bars and restaurants • 400m to the private lift to the rocky Tonnarella beach open June, July and August
1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
• 5 swimming pools, open Apr-Oct • Hydro-massage section • Split level terrace with glorious views • Pool snack bar for barbecue meals at lunchtime • Sunbeds • Deckchairs • Cabins • Parasols • Towels
• 2 restaurants, open when the hotel is busy, with views of Sorrento and the Gulf of Naples • Terrace where meals are served in the Summer • Extensive hot and cold buffet breakfast • Choice of menu at dinner • A la carte is also available • Weekly candlelit gala dinner, May-Oct
• Table tennis and darts by the pool
• Live music and dancing twice a week, May-Oct • Weekly piano bar, Jun-Oct • Weekly special Neapolitan evening, May-Oct • TV and card room • Board games
• Cots for hire
• 3 lounges • Lounge bar with terrace and sea view • 2 bars • The hotel is fully air-conditioned from mid-May to mid-Oct • Internet - payable locally
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, radio, telephone, internet, minibar and hairdryer. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds and are cliff facing with restricted views. Cots available at a charge. Balcony rooms available.
We also offer Limited sea-view rooms, Sea-view rooms and Single rooms - cliff facing with restricted views.
Free bottle of wine for guests on honeymoon or celebrating a wedding anniversary.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide