Hotel Palazzo del Mare details
With stylish interiors, a huge swimming pool and a nearby sandy beach, this hotel has luxurious escapes written all over it.
If you want a bit of seclusion without being completely cut off, this place is a great option. The shops and tavernas of Marmari are about a kilometre down the road, while Kos Town is just a 20-minute bus or cab ride away. What’s more, the hotel is set on its own small beach – there’s a path that leads down from the grounds to the sand.
The property itself is a really stylish set-up – think low-rise stone and whitewashed buildings topped with wooden pergolas. The pool deserves the most praise, though. It’s an enormous geometric affair which merges into an indoor pool. And, because it spreads around the grounds, lots of the rooms open directly onto the water’s edge. Whirlpool baths, sun terraces and a canopied poolside bar add the final touches.
Step inside, and a vast lobby sets the scene with funky chandeliers, illuminated counters and sleek grey sofas. In terms of your own private space, there’s a choice of rooms and suites. They’re decorated in calming vanilla and chocolate tones, with retro armchairs and dark-wood furnishings providing the extras. Wall-mounted flatscreen TVs, bathrobes and coffee-making facilities round things off. The suites, meanwhile, offer up glamorous touches like whirlpool tubs and private plunge pools.
On the dining front, Sogno is the place for global breakfast and dinner buffets. Like everywhere else, it’s a chic space with tables circling a Zen-like pool. If you want to take things up a notch, head for the Bacco restaurant. This place serves à la carte Italian cuisine on a terrace draped in white fabric.
Location• 50m from the beach • 1km from Marmari with its shops, bars and restaurants • 5km from Tigaki • 17km from Kos Town
• 2 swimming pools • Whirlpool • Heated indoor pool with whirlpool • Sunbeds • Parasols • Pool bar • Pool towels • Beach service • Garden
• Non-smoking buffet restaurant with terrace • Special evenings and show cooking • Themed buffets several times a week • 1 visit per stay to the Bacco à la carte restaurant, drinks payable • Parola café • Gentlemen are required to wear long trousers for evening meals
• Spa with treatment rooms • Whirlpool bath • Sauna • Fitness studio • Boules • Beach volleyball • Mini-football pitch • Billiards • Table tennis • 2 floodlit artificial turf tennis courts • 5-a-side floodlit football field • Petanque • Yogalates • Aqua aerobics
• Lounge bar with terrace • Lounge with card game area and TV corner • Live music several times a week • Weekly Greek night
• Kids' pool • Playground • Kids' menu at Bacco restaurant
• Internet corner • Beauty salon • Hairdresser • Souvenir shop • Laundry service • Room service • Mini-market • Boutique
All rooms have air-conditioning, TV, internet, minibar, tea and coffee facilities, bath or shower, bathrobes and slippers. Standard room sleeps up to 2 adults and 1 child up to 12 yrs with 1 double or twin beds, armchair bed and balcony or terrace with pool view.
Swim-up rooms, Superior rooms, Superior rooms with limited sea view, Suites, Junior suites and Swim-up Junior suites available at a supplement.
Superior swim-up rooms sleep 3 adults and a child or 2 adults and 2 children with a private terrace and pool view.
Junior suites sleep 3 adults and a child or 2 adults and 2 children and have a balcony with limted sea view.
Suites sleep 3 adults and a child or 2 adults and 2 children and have an espresso machine. They have a private pool and garden area, and are located in single storey buildings.
1 in main building, 1 in 3 storey building
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide