Hotel Platanista details
The Hotel Platanista teams regal good looks with a by-the-beach setting, and a restaurant serving up Greek classics.
With its sand-coloured turrets and sweeping archways, the Hotel Platanista is reminiscent of a Venetian castle. The property is in a peaceful spot, tucked right by a private section of Psalidi beach – just cross the road and you’ll come to it. Plus, it’s less than a 5-minute drive from Kos Town.
In the heart of the grounds, you’ll find a huge swimming pool. It’s edged by smart ivory loungers and parasols, and there’s a bar close by that’ll keep you going with cocktails.
At mealtimes, you’ve got a choice between a buffet restaurant serving up international dishes, and a cosy à la carte taverna. Go for the latter and you can tuck in to local favourites like grilled meat and stuffed peppers. After-dinner entertainment, meanwhile, is really lively. The hotel staff put on regular shows, and family games, quizzes and competitions.
Location• 3.5km from centre of Kos Town with bus service every 30 minutes • Hotel's section of the beach, across main road, 200m away • 1km to shops, bars and restaurants
1 hour 15 minutes
• 2 swimming pools - 1 with bar and 1 with whirlpool • Sunbeds • Parasols • Sun terraces • Pool taverna for lunch & drinks • Poolside showers
• Buffet restaurant
• Daytime activities • Gym • Water polo • Volleyball • Beach volleyball • Table tennis • Floodlit tennis court with equipment • Minigolf • Massage • Sauna • Hammam • Jet showers • Beauty salon
• Lounge bar with live music and entertainment several times a week • Reception lounge with pool views • Open-plan lounge with satellite TV
• Children’s pool • Playground • Cots • Highchairs in restaurant
• Air-conditioning • Wi-Fi • Shop/mini-market • Internet
All rooms have Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, satellite TV, a phone, hairdryer and minibar.
Standard rooms have twin beds - 3rd bed is a sofa-bed. Double rooms and Sole occupancy rooms are also available at a supplement.
We also offer Superior rooms, Family rooms and Deluxe rooms.
Family rooms sleep up to 4 adults with 1 double and 2 twin beds and have a garden view.
Superior rooms sleep up to 3 with twin beds and a sofa-bed, 32" LED flatscreen TV, hydro-massage bath and bathrobes and slippers. Superior double rooms are available at a supplement.
Deluxe rooms sleep up to 3 with a double or twin beds and have modern furniture, 32" LED flatscreen TV, walk-in rain shower, bathrobes, slippers and free wired internet.
Free bottle of wine and fruit basket on arrival for honeymooners or those celebrating an anniversary.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide