Hotel Riu el Mansour details
With a beachside location, a first-class pool scene and elegant interiors, this place impresses from the off.
There’s just a ribbon of sand dunes separating the Hotel Riu El Mansour from the beach, so it’s no surprise the fabulous sea views are the real talking point here. What’s more, the beach itself is one of the best in the area. It’s a huge stretch of white sand and blue waters that leads all the way to the centre of Mahdia, five kilometres away. And it’s great for watersports.
From the outside, the hotel is a sleek, contemporary structure. But, head inside and there’s a traditional twist. Take the lobby, for instance. A central flight of smooth marble stairs is teamed with Arabic-style arched windows and a domed roof. Elsewhere, the bedrooms continue the elegant feel. Crisp white walls are offset with sea-blues and jade-greens, and floor-to-ceiling glass doors lead out onto private balconies or terraces. Modern must-haves like air-conditioning and satellite TVs provide the trimmings.
Step outside, and you’re spoilt for choice on the swimming and sunbathing front. As well as the beach, there’s a huge pool just footsteps from the sand. It’s shaped like a four-leaf clover and is big enough to have two miniature islands in the middle. Plus, there are wide sun terraces and neat lawns on all sides, and a bar at one end. Come evening, the pool provides the setting for cabaret-style shows, live music and local folk dancing.
When it comes to dining, this place does All Inclusive eats with aplomb. You’ve got a buffet restaurant where show-cooking demos and international theme nights top the bill. Then there’s El Fatimi, an authentic Tunisian à la carte and the Italian trattoria.
Rounding things off is the thalassotherapy centre – a smart space, dressed in wooden floors, white walls and spotlit ceilings. Offering up a great range of traditional and more forward-thinking therapies, it’s the perfect place to indulge.
Location• On the beachfront • 4km to resort centre • 1km to shops • 100m to nearest restaurant • 1km to nearest bar • 200m to bus stop
1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes
• Swimming pool • Small indoor pool • Sun terrace • Poolside bar, open Apr-Oct
• Non-smoking, air-conditioned restaurant • Buffet meals • Continental breakfast and afternoon tea at the poolside bar • Weekly themed nights • 'El Fatimi' Tunisian restaurant, May-Oct • Themed Italian restaurant, advanced reservations required, Jun-Oct • Moorish café
• Small fitness room • Water polo • Tennis • Table tennis • Boules • Beach volleyball • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Darts
• Lounge • Bar area • Daytime activities, 6 days a week • Evening activities including weekly bingo and cabaret
• Kids' pool • Playroom • Playground • Hotel-run kids' club, 4-12yrs • Cots • Highchairs
• 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Money exchange • Launderette • Thalassotherapy centre • Sauna • Massage • Turkish bath • Pool table • Internet terminal • Wi-Fi • Beach watersports, separately managed
All rooms have air-conditioning Jun-Sep, satellite TV, phone, hairdryer, fridge and terrace or balcony. Standard rooms sleep up to 3 with twin beds and an extra bed.
We also offer Sea-view rooms, Superior rooms and Bungalow rooms.
Superior rooms sleep up to 3 with twin beds and an extra bed.
Bungalow rooms sleep up to 3 with twin beds and an extra bed.
• Full Board • Light snacks, tea and coffee • Locally produced alcoholic and soft drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your all inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A- Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Hotel Riu el Mansour:
in Mahdia, Monastir
in Port el Kantaoui, Tunisia All Resorts
in Yasmine Hammamet, Tunisia All Resorts