Hotel Riu Helios Bay details
This smart-looking hotel scores a double coup – it sits on the beach and has a great pool scene, too.
With whitewashed walls, arched balconies and a terracotta roof, this place is classically good-looking. What’s more, it stretches out alongside a sandy beach, so it’s ideal in terms of location.
Sandwiched between the hotel and the beach, you’ll find the pool. It’s shaped like a number eight, and is fringed by a wide sun deck. Overlooking the scene, there’s a bar which does a good range of lunchtime snacks – think hotdogs, pasta and pizza.
For more in the way of food, the main hub is an international buffet with on-the-spot cooking stations. There’s also a restaurant serving a Bulgarian-themed menu - a top choice for your main is the lamb. And for after-dinner drinks, you’ve got a choice of the lobby or lounge bar – both have chairs spilling out on to terraces looking out at sea.
In terms of the accommodation itself, rooms are bright and smart-looking. Plush carpets and chunky mahogany furniture stand out against cream walls. In-room comforts come courtesy of air-conditioning, satellite TVs, and mini-fridges, while glass doors open on to large balconies. If you opt for an upgrade, you’ll get a sea view, too.
As for where you’ll find it, the hotel is less than a five-minute walk from the pretty town of Obzor.
Location On Obzor Bay with beach bars and restaurants Set in a relaxing and picturesque area 500m to the resort centre
• Swimming pool • Indoor pool • Pool snack bar • Sunbeds and parasols • Pool towels
• Buffet restaurant with terrace for breakfast, lunch and dinner • Late Continental breakfast & lunchtime snacks from the pool bar • Bulgarian themed restaurant for dinner - 1 visit per week included
• Gym • Aqua aerobics • Workout • Boules • Beach volleyball • Water polo • Air gun shooting • Table tennis • Darts • Multi-sports court
• Daytime and evening programme, 6 times a week • Shows and live music several times a week • Lobby bar with terrace • Lounge bar with terrace
• Children's pool • Daytime entertainment for 4-12yrs, 6 times a week • Playground • Hotel-run miniclub
• 24hr reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Lobby Wi-Fi • Beauty salon • Massage • Sauna • Steam bath • Whirlpool bath • Internet • Mini-market/Souvenir shop • Watersports nearby, separately managed • Bicycle hire nearby
All rooms have air-conditioning/heating, bathroom with shower, cable TV with 3 English channels, phone, mini-fridge, hairdryer and a balcony or terrace with sea views. Standard rooms have 2 beds and a camp-bed when needed. Larger twin rooms sleeping up to 2 adults and 2 children are available.
We also offer Family rooms
Family rooms sleep a minimum of 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and a maximum of 4 adults or 3 adults and 1 child with a twin bedroom and double sofa-bed in the lounge.
• Full Board meals • Snacks and ice-cream • Local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide