Hotel Villa Bianca/Principe details
Well-manicured gardens and postcard-worthy views make this place an escapist’s dream come true.
The Hotel Villa Bianca is set on a hillside among tropical gardens, so uninterrupted seascapes are part of the deal. It’s only a short downhill walk to the beach, too. And if you’d rather explore inland, you can hop on the local cable-car and be in the heart of Taormina within five minutes.
As for the accommodation itself, it’s made up of three buildings staggered into the cliff face. They’re connected by tree-lined pathways, with hidden gardens and sea-facing sun terraces dotted in between. Inside, rooms are typically Mediterranean looking – think fresh white walls, cool tiled floors and floral bedspreads. What’s more, each one comes with a private balcony or terrace, as well as extras like air-conditioning and a minibar.
Food-wise, you can expect a mix of international dishes in the hotel's buffet restaurant. Keep an eye out for the Sicilian gala nights in the summer, too – you’ll get to enjoy music from a traditional folk band as you dine al fresco on the terrace.
Last but not least, when you want to relax by the pool, wander down the road to the Hotel Ipanema. It’s the sister hotel of this place, and you’re welcome to take a dip in their rooftop number whenever you like.
Location• 30m from Mazzaro’s shingle beach, bay and resort centre • 20m to cable car to Taormina for shops and souvenirs
• Use of pool at sister hotel, Ipanema, 150m away • Sun terrace with excellent views across Mazzaro beach • Minibus to beach including entrance and sunbeds at a charge
• Small and cosy air-conditioned restaurant with breakfast buffet and waiter service dinner • Dinner is served in Villa Bianca Principe restaurant only, which is accessed by steps and a lift from Villa Bianca • Breakfast is served in the main restaurant of the Villa Bianca Principe
• Scuba diving available at local beach
• Lounge bar with TV • Separate lounge
• Beach shuttle bus service is available
All rooms have air-conditioning from 1st June to 30th September depending on weather, satellite TV with local channels only, telephone, minibar, hairdryer, balconies and limited sea view. Standard rooms have 2 or 3 beds. Sea-view rooms and Single rooms available. Sea-view rooms have a maximum of 4 beds. Single rooms are smaller with restricted views.
88 in 2 blocks (connected by 120 steps and a lift)
1 in Villa Bianca Principe, none in Villa Bianca
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide