Nizmar Resort details
It’s the location that scores top marks with this hotel. Set in central Calangute, it couldn’t get much closer to the action. A sandy beach, local markets and a mix of bars and restaurants are all within walking distance.
There’s plenty on offer at the hotel, too. Take the swimming pool for starters. It’s a large rectangular number with a tiled anchor motif on the bottom. There’s a separate children’s pool, too, and a wide sun terrace complete with loungers and parasols. Elsewhere, there’s a gym, a steam room and an Ayurvedic massage centre serving up a menu of traditional Indian therapies.
Inside, the bedrooms make roomy, comfortable bases. Think whitewashed walls, cool tiled floors, and big beds framed by silky canopies. They all come with private balconies, too, as well as in-room extras like air-conditioning, mini-fridges and satellite TVs.
On the food front, head to the main restaurant for a mix of regional Goan cuisine, Indian favourites and big barbecue buffets. Factor in a poolside terrace and regular entertainment in the form of live music and theme nights, and there’s plenty going on to make meal times memorable.
Location• 800m from Calangute beach • In the resort centre
About 1 hour 30 minutes
• Swimming pool • Pool bar
• Steakhouse restaurant • Fusion restaurant serving barbecue, tandoori, Indian, Goan and continental cuisine • Oriental Garden Restaurant serving Chinese & Thai cuisine • Themed night every week at a different restaurant • Crazy Horse snack bar • 3 weekly meals included
Seasonal Meals - Winter
• Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve gala dinners
• Live entertainment every night during high season • Sixth Sense pub/disco • Karaoke
• Children's pool
• Steam bath • Ayurvedic massage centre • Hairdresser • Library • Money exchange • Jewellery boutique
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, minibar and fridge. Standard rooms have twin/double beds.
• Choice of themed restaurants • Central location • Lively atmosphere
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide