Sunset Beach Resort & Waterpark details
“With first-class facilities including its own waterpark, Sunset Beach Resort & Waterpark is a Caribbean classic with something for everyone.”
Right beside a horseshoe-shaped beach, Sunset Beach Resort & Waterpark is set on a private peninsula. It’s surrounded by palms and looks out on white sands and turquoise seas, so if you’re looking for a taste of tropical Jamaica it’s spot on. There are three sections of beach with clothing optional at one. Plus you’ll find watersports like kayaking and sunfish sailing on the menu.
Away from the beach, the hotel’s leafy grounds have got plenty to tempt you. There are three inviting pools, one of which has a swim-up bar and a whirlpool bath, and all are bordered by sunbeds, parasols and palms. The big talking point is the Pirates' Paradise waterpark though. A pastel-coloured castle, it’s a playground of chutes and waterfalls with two impressive 250-foot waterslides and a lazy river ride.
On the sports front there are things like mini-golf, beach volleyball and tennis. There’s a fully-equipped gym too, with aerobics classes and free weights. Plus there’s the Sunset Spa, which has a menu of indulgent treatments. And to keep younger members of the family happy there‘s Club Mongoose and Pirates' Cove Teen Centre.
Food-wise, there are four restaurants and beach grill to choose from. And the entertainment is spread across six bars and lounges with things like Caribbean shows and beach parties on the agenda.
Last but not least, you’ve got plenty of choice when it comes to bedrooms. Light, airy and spacious, standard rooms come with a king-size bed or two doubles, satellite TV and private balconies. If you prefer, you can book a room with a sea view. To really up the ante though, it has to be a suite. They come with separate living rooms and whirlpool baths.
Location• On a private peninsula with 3 white sand beaches • 8km to Montego Bay resort centre with shopping and nightlife
• 3 swimming pools with 1 swim-up bar • Sun terraces • Sunbeds • Gardens • Pirates' Paradise waterpark with 2 waterslides, Blackbeard's Lazy River, Caribbean Pirate Ship and 2 elevated hot tubs • Pool/beach towels • Large whirlpool bath • Sundowner pool and swim-up bar
• International buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner • 3 à la carte restaurants for dinner - Silk Road - contemporary Asian cuisine, La Bella Vita - Italian and Bryron, and Caribbean Fusion • Banana Walk international buffet • Sunset Beach Grill snack bar for lunch and snacks throughout the day • English afternoon tea
• Fitness centre • 4 floodlit tennis courts • Basketball • Beach volleyball • Shuffleboard • Giant chess • Checkers • Snorkelling equipment • Sunfish sailing • Kayaking • Paddle boats • Games room • Weekly aqua aerobics • Mini-golf • Weekly beach party • Slot machine casino • Pool table • Table tennis
• Daytime and evening entertainment including theme nights, fashion shows cabaret acts and weekly barbecue • Dancing in the Tamarind Lounge • Video arcade • Returning guests' cocktail party once a week • 5 bars - Tamarind bar with pool tables, dancing, tropical drinks and classic Red Stripe Beer, main lobby bar, Ortanique lobby bar located in the Courtyard Wing with pianist and 2 beach bars
• Playground • Hotel-run 'Club Mongoose' kids’ club, 2-12 years • 'Pirates Cove' Teen Centre • Daily activities programme with arts and crafts, beach olympics, jewellery making and pyjama parties • Cots available
• The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Sauna • Massage • Spa facilities • Launderette • Internet • Gift shops • Money exchange • Tours
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, iron and board, hairdryer and balcony. Standard rooms are Resort view rooms and have king-size bed or 2 double beds, sleep up to 3 adults only or 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12. Cots on request and subject to availability. Some rooms with interconnecting doors available on request - you need to book 2 of these room types to get 2 rooms with connecting doors. Bay View rooms and Ocean View rooms available.
2 in each block
• All meals in a choice of buffet and à la carte restaurants • Selected local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in all 6 bars • English afternoon tea • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Hotel taxes and gratuities • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide