Veligandu Island Resort & Spa details
This hotel – set on a private island – has a line-up of high-end features, including an infinity pool and chic bedrooms.
The island of Veligandu may be pocket-sized, but it packs in everything you need to get away from it all. There’s a white-sand beach that wraps around the whole island, a big infinity-edge pool, and a plush over-water spa.
Rooms sit either beside the sand or on stilts over the water, and they all come with luxe extras like espresso machines, iPod docks and rain showers. Private sundecks come as standard, too.
Huge spreads of around-the-world dishes are laid out at the sand-floored buffet restaurant, and once a week there’s a Maldivian theme evening with local cuisine and waiters in traditional dress. There’s also an à la carte place with a menu that includes freshly netted seafood.
Lastly, there’s a long list of activities that includes things like kayaking, volleyball and sailing. There’s even a dive centre that’ll take you to some of the atoll’s top sites.
LocationSet on the island of Veligandu in North Ari Atoll • Surrounded by a lagoon, house reef and a white, sandy beach
• Infinity pool with Jacuzzi® • Beach and pool sunbeds and parasols • Mattresses • Pool towels
We also offer Jacuzzi® Beach Villas and Jacuzzi® Water Villas
• Buffet restaurant • Themed evenings - Asian, barbecue & Maldivian • Christmas & New Year gala dinners • The following is not included in your All Inclusive package: • A la Carte restaurant
• Fitness centre • Canoes • Beach volleyball • Pool table • Football • Badminton • Table tennis • Volleyball • Table football • Darts
• TV area • Live music • Themed nights • Quiz nights • Cocktail party • Board games • Tropical bar
• The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Internet connection in rooms • Minibar • PADI approved diving centre • Snorkelling equipment • Spa offering massage, body wraps, facials, manicure, pedicure and Ayurvedic treatments - separately managed • Beauty salon • Billiards • Gift shop • Jewellery shop • Room service • Internet • Laundry service
All rooms have air-conditioning, king-size bed, bathroom with shower, ceiling fan, DVD player, hairdryer, 36" satellite TV, tea and coffee facilities, Espresso machine, telephone, nightly turndown service and a private patio or sundeck. Water Villas are set on stilts over the water and sleep up to 3 adults, with a king-size bed and an extra bed in the bedroom when needed. These rooms are adults-only, guests must be over 18 years old.
Honeymoons and Gold/Silver wedding anniversaries get a fruit platter and flowers on arrival. Please contact us after booking to qualify.
• Buffet meals in the Dhonveli restaurant • Afternoon tea • Selected local alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks by the glass • Minibar restocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks, beer, tea and coffee • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • 1 sunset Cruise, 1 Kuramathi or Radhoo half-day excursion and one 30-minute group snorkelling and windsurfing lesson included - extra charge for snorkelling equipment • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide.