Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa details
Leave your BlackBerry behind and switch off your mobile - this place was made for relaxing and you won't want any interruptions while you're here...
The Vilamendhoo experience starts before you even set foot on the island, with a seaplane transfer from the airport. Flying over turquoise waters and pearl-white isles sets the scene for what's to come. And from the sky you can really appreciate just how pretty the island is.
The resort itself has been completely refurbished so everything feels box-fresh. The makeover comes courtesy of the owners of sister island, Meeru, and you can expect the same level of pared-back luxury throughout.
Take the Beach Villas, for starters. They're set in tropical gardens, so you get a real sense of privacy. For that added luxe touch, opt for a Jacuzzi™ Beach Villa. Or, if al fresco living is your thing, stay in one of the brand-new Jacuzzi™ Water Villas over on the sunset side of the island. They're perched on stilts in the lagoon and come with open-air rain showers, outdoor whirlpool baths and steps leading straight into the water.
The open-air theme carries through to the resort's two main restaurants. They're both buffet-style and housed in open-sided cabanas. What's more, this place is 24-hour All Inclusive so everything's taken care of. You'll find more menu options over at the à la carte eateries. Star billing goes to the over-the-water Asian Wok Restaurant, which serves up sizzling teppanyaki. Plus, a choice of three bars means you've got plenty of after-dinner options.
As for what else is on offer, you can be as laidback or lively as you like. There's an over-the-water spa and a house reef that offers some of the best scuba diving and snorkelling in the Maldives. Plus, you get taster lessons in things like snorkelling and windsurfing - and a sunset cruise - included in your stay.
Location• South Ari Atoll • 82km from Malé airport
25 minutes by seaplane
• Island Resort: • Swimming pool • Sunbeds • Beach towels
• Couples Resort: • Infinity swimming pool • Sunbeds • Beach towels
• Island Resort: • Funama buffet restaurant • Asian Wok à la carte restaurant • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Couples Resort: • Ahima buffet restaurant • Hot Rock à la carte restaurant • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Fitness centre • Tennis • Volleyball • Badminton • Kayaks • Windsurfing • 1 sunset cruise • 1 half hour snorkelling lesson • 1 half hour windsurfing lesson • 1 half hour tennis lesson • Pool table • Snooker • Table football • Darts • Table tennis
• Island Resort: • Cultural dance show • Disco • Live band • Bonthi Bar
• Couples Resort: • Daily entertainment programme including sports tournaments, cocktail making and fruit carving lessons • Nightly entertainment programme includes movie nights • Sunset Bar • Asian Wok bar 10.00-19.30
• Children's wading pool in the Island Resort
• The following facilities are not part of your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi • Duniye Spa • A la carte restaurants • Gift shop • Jewellery shop • Internet café • Watersports, scuba diving and diving school • Snorkelling equipment • Tennis • Money exchange • Laundry service • Pool table • Table football
The Couples Resort section of the island is adults-only - customers using facilities in this section must be over 18yrs
Garden-view rooms have a four-poster bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, sitting area, minibar restocked daily with bottled water, soft drinks, beer, iced coffee and tea, phone, cable TV, DVD/CD player, internet access, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, nightly turn down service and private porch with furniture. These villas are located in the Island Resort section of the island.
We also offer Beach villas, Jacuzzi™ beach villas - minimum age 18 years and Jacuzzi™ water villas - minimum age 18 years.
Beach villas are more spacious and have a partially open-air bathroom that opens out onto a small tropical garden. These villas are located in the Island Resort section of the island.
Jacuzzi™ beach villas are more spacious and have an iPod docking station, partially open-air bathroom with double sinks and rain shower, walled-in outdoor area with a Jacuzzi™ for 2, wooden sundeck, sunbeds and umbrella. These villas are located in the Couples Resort section of the Island - minimum age of 18 years.
Jacuzzi™ water villas are on stilts, located over the water and have a larger bedroom, iPod docking station, tea and coffee/Espresso machine, spacious partially open-air bathroom with double sinks and rain shower, private walled-in outdoor area with a Jacuzzi™ for 2, wooden sundeck with sunbeds and umbrella and a private sundeck with stairs into the sea. These villas are located in the Couples Resort section of the Island - minimum age of 18 years.
Honeymooners will receive a fruit basket and flowers on bed during their stay.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Funama Restaurant for Garden View room and Beach Villa guests and in the Ahima Restaurant for Jacuzzi™ Beach Villa and Jacuzzi™ Water Villa guests • Afternoon tea 15.00-18.00 in the Bonthi Bar for Garden Room and Beach Villa guests and in the Sunset Bar for Jacuzzi™ Beach Villa and Jacuzzi™ Water Villa guests • Unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, by the glass • Minibar restocked with still water, soft drinks and beer • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide