Vilu Reef Beach & Spa Resort details
“For a peaceful retreat with an exclusive edge, it has to be the Vilu Beach Spa & Resort.”
Spread across the island of Meedhuffushi in the South Nilandhe Atoll, this place is jaw-droppingly exotic. We’re talking turquoise waters and powdery white beaches backed by lush greenery. It’s only reachable by seaplane, with the journey from Male taking about half an hour.
And it’s this castaway location that makes the resort so popular with divers and snorkellers. Turtles, mantas, dolphins and even whale sharks call this stretch of water home. Add that to the hotel’s house reef, the nearby underwater mountain and the unique marine caves found on the north side of the island, and you’ve got some show-stopping dives right on your doorstep.
Back on dry land, meanwhile, you’ll find a collection of thatched-roof, beach hut-inspired villas. Some are suspended over the ocean on stilts so you can sleep to the sound of the waves below. Others border the white sand and some nestle into the island’s well-kept gardens, a little further back from the shore. Décor-wise, they’re dressed simply but stylishly – think white muslin curtains, four-poster beds and contemporary teak furniture. Outdoor bathrooms featuring big baths and power showers add a touch of luxury. And large picture windows and sliding glass doors lead out to private sundecks, blurring the line between indoor and outdoor.
When you’re looking for a serious relaxation fix, head to the spa. This serene oasis is made up of five massage pavilions, open-air flower baths and a separate beauty area. There’s a large lagoon-like swimming pool framed by sunbeds and parasols nearby, too.
On the food front, it’s all about quality and quantity. Think big buffets serving up everything from Oriental cuisine to Mediterranean favourites. For a romantic evening, head to the Sunset Restaurant. This place serves up locally caught seafood on an open-air deck overlooking the sea.
Location• 128km from Malé airport
35 minutes by seaplane
• Infinity swimming pool • Pool bar
• Main restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • A la carte speciality restaurant • Beach barbecue • Candle-lit meals available • Special occasions
• Tennis • Beach volleyball • Badminton • Darts • Minigym • Table tennis
• Cultural shows, live bands and karaoke • Disco
• Use of sunloungers at the beach and beach towels provided in room • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Sauna, steam bath, gym and fitness room • Health spa • Souvenir shop • Jewellery shop • Island hopping and night fishing available • Watersports including scuba diving, snorkelling, catamaran sailing, windsurfing, banana boats and glass bottom boat rides • Main bar • Floodlit tennis • Laundry service • Currency exchange
All rooms have air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities, minibar and terrace or balcony. Garden-view rooms sleep up to 3 adults and a child or 2 adults and 2 children with 1 double bed and an extra bed.
We also offer Beach-view rooms, Whirlpool bath water villas and Single rooms at a supplement.
Beach-view rooms sleep up to 3 adults and a child or 2 adults and 2 children with 1 double bed and an extra bed.
Whirlpool bath water villas sleep 2 with 1 four poster king-size bed, ceiling fan, spacious sitting area, CD player, extended deck overlooking the lagoon with sun loungers, private whirlpool bath and swim-up platform. Minimum age in Water Villas is 12 yrs.
All Inclusive Option
• Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner in the main restaurant • Sandwiches and snacks in the afternoon • Unlimited alcoholic and soft drinks served by the glass - Coke, Fanta and Sprite only • Restrictions apply to food and drinks • House wine served by the glass • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z booking information.
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide