Adaaran 'Select' Meedhupparu details
This island has only one thing on its mind – total R&R. It’s got a spa, an impressive pool and the obvious beachfront good looks.
The only resort in this atoll, Meedhupparu is much bigger than lots of the others. As with most islands in the Maldives, it’s ringed by white sand and turquoise seas. It’ll take around 45 minutes to get here from Malé airport, but the transfer by seaplane is all part of the Maldives experience – the views are superb.
The resort itself is made up of beach villas. They’re set at the back of the beach, under the shade of trees. The villas are spacious with a colonial vibe. Expect mahogany floors, ceiling fans and wicker furniture. French doors lead out to private terraces, while bathrooms feature tropical outdoor showers.
Elsewhere, the resort has a huge infinity pool, complete with a swim-up bar. It’s also got a spa - the Ariyanna Spa offers massages, including the highly-rated hot stone therapy.
On the dining front, there’s plenty to choose from. The main restaurant puts on international buffets, and hosts Far Eastern, Italian and Mediterranean themed nights, so you can sample some local dishes, too. Plus, you’ll find an al fresco grill right by the beach, which serves up seafood specialities like lobster just footsteps from the sand.
There’s plenty in the way of watersports, as well. Diving is a big hit, with the dive centre organising trips to different parts of the surrounding reef. If you prefer to stay closer to home, the snorkelling is just as good off-shore.
Location• On Raa Atoll • Meedhupparu is the only tourist resort in the atoll • 130km from Malé airport
45 minutes by seaplane
• Y-shaped infinity pool • Sunbeds • Terraces • Gardens • Swim-up bar • Beach towels
• Jafaaiy non-smoking main restaurant serving buffet breakfast and dinner with themed nights - Maldivian, Far Eastern, Italian and Mediterranean • Set menu lunch • Grill bar with seafood and lobster evenings available • 3 bars • Snacks in the main bar, 3 times a day • Christmas and New Year's Eve gala meals • The following facilities do not form part of your All Inclusive package: • A la carte fine dining restaurant • Fresh fruit juices and cocktails
• Gym • Tennis • Badminton • Beach volleyball • Sauna • Steam bath • Cookery classes • Pool table • Table tennis
• Evening entertainment and activities • Disco • Occasional live music at the bar
• Whirlpool bath • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Minibar • Hotel shops • Scuba-diving courses available for all levels • Watersports • Drinks after midnight and on excursions
Beach villas are set along the back of the beach and sleep up to 3 with 1 double or twin beds, air-conditioning, open-air private shower, TV, phone, tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer and terrace area.
Honeymooners will receive a free fruit basket and a bottle of wine on arrival.
• Full Board meals • Afternoon tea, cakes and snacks • Late night snacks • Select alcoholic beverages and soft drinks, by the glass - restrictions apply • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Adaaran 'Select' Meedhupparu:
in North Male Atoll, Malé Atoll
in North Male Atoll, Malé Atoll
in Meemu Atoll, Ari Atoll
in Haa Alifu Atoll, Haa Alifu Atoll