Angaga Island Resort & Spa details
If you like the sound of room-allocated sunloungers, private beaches and house reefs, the Angaga Island Resort and Spa is just your ticket.
If you’re seeking Escapism with a capital ‘E’, call off the search. Because Angaga Island Resort and Spa is a million miles from the mêlée of modern life. This is the crème de la crème of exotic escapes. It’s elegant. It’s gorgeously tropical. And it’s pin-drop peaceful. Even better than that, it sits on its own white-sand island – floating like a lily pad on the Indian Ocean. With blonde-white sands melting into turquoise seas, it’s the ultimate Eden-like hideaway.
Life on Angaga Island is relaxing and sun-drenched – perfect if you’re planning on doing next to nothing while you’re here. Stretch out in the sun to work on your golden holiday glow - every room has sunloungers allocated to it, so you don’t have to rise before dawn to snap a spot on the sand. Pick up that page-turner and catch up on your reading. Or sip a fruit-flavoured cocktail before dozing off in the shade. This is R&R at its best.
But if you do want to crank up the pace a little, there’s tennis and watersports on hand to amuse you. That said, you don’t come to the Maldives for a round of tennis. No, it’s the underwater world that’s the star attraction. Pull on your mask and fins to explore the house reef. Or, if you really want to get up close, head for the scuba diving centre. The coral is teeming with tiny fish, eels and the odd reef shark. And if you’re really lucky, you might even see the resident turtle. After your forays under the sea, you’ll be ready to wind down again. Make a beeline for the coconut spa and try the hot stone massage to reach new heights on the bliss-o-metre. And that’s all before a bountiful buffet dinner. For a peaceful paradise break, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Location• On the beach • 85km from Male International airport
25 minutes by seaplane
• Restaurant serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner • Coffee shop
• Volleyball • Badminton • Scuba diving • Catamarans • Canoeing • Tennis • Table tennis • Darts
• Occasional live music • Disco
• Snorkelling equipment • Reception • The following facilities are not part of the optional All Inclusive package: • Safety deposit box • Souvenir shop • Spa • Island hopping • Bar • Cappucino & Espresso
Beach Bungalows have twin or double beds air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, mini-fridge, hairdryer, tea/coffee making facilities, bathrobes, luxury bamboo furniture, sun lounge and swing on shady veranda. Water Bungalows have facilities as for Beach Bungalows plus glass bottom table, back door to private sun deck and direct access to lagoon. Minimum age in Water Bungalows is 12 years.
50 beach bungalows, 20 water bungalows
All Inclusive Option
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner at main restaurant • Beer, soft drinks, bottled water, iced tea, canned juices, house wine by the glass and tea/regular coffee • Sandwiches and cakes 10.00-11.30 & 15.00-17.00 • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Angaga Island Resort & Spa:
in Meemu Atoll, Ari Atoll