Bahia Principe San Juan
in San Juan, Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Bahia Principe San Juan details
This place is tropical through and through. Think peaches-and-cream buildings, swimming pools weaving through coconut palms, and a sandy beach that plays host to watersports like scuba diving and kayaking. There’s even a luxurious spa, where you can enjoy a massage in a thatched hut beside the ocean.
It’s the biggest pool that takes star billing here, though. It’s huge, and flanked by sunbeds and a palm-roofed, open-sided bar. A curve of sand leads into its waters on one side, too. Elsewhere, you’ll find three other swimming pools.
As for the hotel itself, the lobby is all polished teak furniture and woodcarvings arranged around an airy atrium. The rooms follow suit design-wise. Housed in cream-balconied blocks, they’re decorated in blue and yellows, with cane tables and armchairs. Air-conditioning, satellite TVs and balconies or terraces get in on the act, too.
When it comes to dining, there are four à la carte eateries with everything from spicy Mexican cuisine to classic Italian flavours on the menus. The seafood restaurant gets the best reviews, thanks to its grilled lobster speciality. There’s also a buffet eatery serving dishes from around the world. Show-cooking is a feature here, with chefs cooking your eggs to order in the morning and frying steaks, chicken and fish in front of you at lunch and dinner.
Lastly, this hotel is great for golfers. Guests get VIP access to the nearby 18-hole Golf Playa Grande, which is famous for its cliffside greens. Plus, you’ve got mini-golf at the hotel if you want to practice your putting.
Location• 10km to Rio San Juan town centre • Set on a 1.5km stretch of beach where motorised watersports are allowed
From Puerto Plata or Samana airport approx. 1 hr 30 mins
• 3 swimming pools • Sunbeds • Pool bar • Swim- up bar • Towels provided
• Buffet restaurant • 4 à la carte restaurants - Italian, Mexican, Seafood and Gourmet • Theme evenings
• Gym • Activities programme • Windsurfing • Snorkelling • Canoes • Kayaks • 4 floodlit tennis courts • Mini-golf • Green walks in hotel grounds to learn about plants and flowers
• Entertainment programme • Lounge • Live shows • Theatre • Disco • Spanish lessons • Live music in Pueblo Principe from Monday to Saturday • Pueblo Principe is the entertainment village at the entrance of the hotel, with ATM, bars, shops, night entertainment and disco • Live music in Pueblo Principe from Monday to Saturday • Theatre bar • Lobby bar • Beach bar • Disco bar • Midnight snack bar • Karaoke • Dancing • Board games
• Children's section of main pool • Hotel-run kids' club • Full Activity programme • Playground • Mini disco • Teenagers' club.
• Courtesy shuttle bus to the Playa Grande 18-hole golf course, 15 minutes away • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package • Windsurfing • PADI approved scuba diving school • Snorkelling • Canoes • Kayaks • Motorised watersports • Mini-market/grocery store • Caribbean shopping and entertainment street • Gift shop • Handicraft shop • Jewellery shop • Money exchange • Internet café • Laundry service • Casino • Sauna • 2 whirlpool baths • Spa • Beauty salon
Standard rooms are located in villa-style buildings, sleep up to 3 adults only or 2 adults and 2 children up to 12 yrs with 2 twin beds or 1 king-size bed, bathroom with bath/shower, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, telephone, minibar, iron and board - on request and for limited times and balcony or terrace. Rooms in the Golden Club also available for a supplement. These are refurbished rooms with upgraded amenities and include coffee-maker, alarm clock, vanity mirror, beach towel in room, bathrobe and slippers, 24hr room service, nightly turndown service, VIP amenities, umbrella on request at reception, telephone line for private attention, private Golden reception, welcome cocktail, 4 à la carte dinners per week, private Casa Club, free internet and newspapers in the Casa Club.
FREE upgrade to a Golden Club Double Room for all guests departing between 29th July 2010 and 31st October 2010, on bookings made after 29th July.
FREE upgrade to a Golden Club Double Room for all guests departing between 1st May 2011 and 31st Oct 2011, on bookings made before 15th March 2011.
• 24hr All Inclusive
• Buffet-style meals, evening à la carte dining available from a choice of speciality restaurants, 3 visits per week • 24hr snacks • Local brand alcoholic beverages including beer, spirits, cocktails and house wine at selected bars and restaurants and 24hr soft drinks • Stocked minibar with soft drinks, beer and water • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
• 1 hour of motorized watersports per day • Free shuttle service to Playa Grande golf course • Beautiful gardens • Suitable for Weddings and Groups
Bronze is awarded to hotels that have reduced their impact on the environment and treat their people fairly.
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Bahia Principe San Juan:
in Sosua, Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata
in Costa Dorada (DR), Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata
in Bayahibe, Dominican Republic East - Punta Cana
in Punta Cana, Bavaro