Gran Bahia Principe el Portillo
in Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic
Gran Bahia Principe el Portillo details
Thanks to its beachfront location, the Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo gives you instant access to activities like scuba diving and windsurfing.
The first thing you’ll notice about the Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo is its setting. It’s perched on a stretch of magnolia-coloured sand, and looks out over the mottled blue water of the Atlantic Ocean.
The hotel itself is made up of two-storey villas. Inside, the hangar-sized lobby is all high ceilings and white marble floors, while the bedrooms are elegantly dressed in tones of cherry, nectarine and apricot. Each room comes with a balcony or terrace, and the junior suites include their own whirlpool bath.
You won’t want to spend much time inside once you’ve seen what else is on offer, though. The pool is so large it comes with its own palm-dotted islands in the middle. And elsewhere, you’ll find a gym and a spa.
In terms of sports and activities, you can try windsurfing, snorkelling, kayaking and other watersports. You can also enrol on a PADI-approved scuba diving course for a little extra.
As for mealtimes, this place has four places to eat. Take your pick from a buffet restaurant or a gourmet, Italian and seafood à la carte eateries. Then you can while away the evening in one of the five bars. Alternatively, watch a live show or head to the disco.
Location• On the beach • 4km from Las Terrenas village centre
• Swimming pool • Whirlpool bath • Sunloungers • Parasols
We also offer Junior Suites and Golden Club upgrade amenities.
• Main buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner with theme nights • Portofino Italian à la carte restaurant • Orquidea gourmet restaurant • El Pescador seafood restaurant • Gentlemen to wear long trousers and shirts for dinner in all restaurants • Snacks and light meals at the bars
• Activities programme • Gym • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Windsurfing • Snorkelling • Kayaks • Tennis • Beach volleyball • Non-motorised watersports - 1 hour free per day • 1 hour free introductory scuba diving lesson in pool • Pool table • Table tennis
• Daytime and evening entertainment programmes • Live shows and occasional music • Disco • Amphitheatre • Bars
• Children's section of main pool • Activity programme • Mini-disco • Playroom • Highchairs
• Free Wi-Fi in lobby • The following facilities are not part of your All Inclusive package • Spa with a sauna, Turkish and a full range of treatments • Gift shops • Internet • Laundry service • PADI approved scuba diving school
All rooms have 2 double beds or 1 king-size bed, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, minibar, satellite TV, phone and balcony or terrace. Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 1 child.
24-hour All Inclusive
• Full Board buffet meals • 3 visits per week to the à la carte restaurants • Snacks • Unlimited local beer, wine, spirits, cocktails and soft drinks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Gran Bahia Principe el Portillo:
in Las Galeras, Samana
in Samana Town, Samana
in Las Terrenas
in Bavaro, Bavaro
in Playa Dorada, Bavaro
in Punta Cana, Bavaro
in San Juan, Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata