Grand Paradise Samana
in Las Galeras, Samana, Dominican Republic
Grand Paradise Samana details
“A relaxing retreat with all the trimmings – that’s the Grand Paradise Samana Resort in a nutshell.”
This place is on the tip of the Samana peninsula, just a couple of minutes’ walk from sleepy Las Galeras. On one side, there’s a lush coconut grove. On the other, there’s a ribbon of white sand that melts into crystal waters. The beach here is protected by a coral reef, so it’s ideal for scuba diving or snorkelling. It’s also worth pointing out that Playa Rincon – often dubbed the most beautiful beach in the Dominican Republic – is just a short boat-ride away.
At the hotel itself, three lagoon-style swimming pools take pride of place in the grounds. They’re framed by smart sun terraces lined with loungers and parasols. A thatched pool bar completes the scene.
On the activity front, archery, minigolf and tennis are just some of your options. Back at the beach, windsurfing, kayaking and sailing are all on the menu. And younger guests are well catered for, too, thanks to a highly-rated kids’ club.
Inside, the property is typically Caribbean, all wood-vaulted ceilings and cool tiled floors. Food-wise, three restaurants vie for your attention. There’s the Asseradero Buffet where Dominican and European dishes are the mainstay. For freshly-caught seafood, try the Sea Scape restaurant. Or enjoy Italian-style cuisine at the Michelangelo. In terms of bars, there are six in total, including a relaxed beach bar and the Areito Amphitheatre. The latter lays on live music and cabaret shows in the evenings.
Lastly, there are the rooms to consider. Standard rooms have recently been refurbished, so everything’s bright and fresh on the décor front. If space is a priority, opt for the family-sized bungalows. They’re tastefully done out and come with a lounge, mezzanine bedroom, and a kitchenette. Whichever one you go for, you’ll get cable TV, air-conditioning and a private balcony or terrace included.
Location• Walking distance to Las Galeras town • On the beach in a secluded bay • 30 mins to Samana Town
Approx. 90 minutes
• 3 swimming pools • 2 pool bars • Beach bar
• Buffet restaurant • Beach Club grill • 2 à la carte restaurants - Italian and Seafood • 6 bars • This is not part of your All Inclusive package • Special evenings at the à la carte restaurants
• Daily activities programme • Non-motorised watersports including windsurfing and kayaking • Archery • Tennis • Volleyball • Micro football • Scuba diving lesson in pool • Badminton • Boccia • Aerobics • Minigolf • Shuffle board • Croquet • Dance lessons • Billiards • Table tennis
• Disco • Amphitheatre • Nightly entertainment
• Children's pool • Kids' club with ball pool • Mini-disco • Cots
• 24hr reception • Money exchange • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package • Gift shop • Laundry service • Mini-market • Massage • Internet • Wi-Fi in public areas • Pedalos • Fishing and boat excursions • Motorised watersports • Open-air natural sea aquarium • Scuba diving school • Humpback whale-watching from January to March • Ecotourism excursions • Horseback riding
Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and have 2 double beds, air-conditioning, cable TV, telephone, minibar with soft drinks and complimentary bottled water, hairdryer, iron and board on request and terrace or balcony. Bungalows have one queen-size bed, twin beds and one sofa bed and sleep up to 4 adults and 1 child with the same facilities as Standard rooms but have a separate living and bedroom area with mezzanine floor, a kitchenette and walk-in closet. Sea-view rooms available at a supplement.
420 rooms, 50 bungalows
• All meals and snacks • Unlimited locally produced alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Wine with lunch and dinner • Afternoon tea • Midnight snacks • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges - please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Grand Paradise Samana:
in Las Terrenas, Samana
in Samana Town, Samana
in Bavaro, Bavaro
in Playa Dorada, Bavaro
in Punta Cana, Bavaro
in Sosua, Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata
in San Juan, Dominican Republic North - Puerto Plata