Divi Aruba details
An All Inclusive hotel right by the beach, the Divi Aruba walks that tricky line of fun-filled and relaxed really well.
The Divi Aruba’s bagged itself arguably the best sandy sweep on the island. Unlike busy Palm Beach further along the coast, Druif Beach is much, much quieter. In fact, other than the Divi Aruba and its sister hotel, the Tamarijn Aruba, there’s not a whole lot else along this stretch - just mile upon mile of powder-soft white sand and gently nodding palms. That’s not to say there’s nothing to do here, though – you’re just over the road from a casino and a golf course.
The hotel itself is fairly compact, split out into little two-storey blocks that run parallel to the beach. The rooms are bright and breezy, decked out in Caribbean colours and with little wicker sofas. Mod-cons, meanwhile, come in the form of air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and mini-fridges. Large wooden veranda-style balconies complete the picture.
Life at the Divi Aruba tends to revolve around the beach area. The open-sided lobby leads out to a shimmering turquoise pool. Close by you’ll find the Coco Bar and the Pelican Terrace Restaurant – both of which overlook the ocean. The bar serves up great brick-oven pizzas while the restaurant does a mean line in all-you-can-eat buffets. Take breakfast, for example. There are waffles, pancakes and muffins – not to mention eggs made to order and tropical fruit as only the Caribbean knows how. It’s much the same idea come lunch and dinnertime. And once a week there’s a barbecue around the pool. If you want to raise the bar a notch, reserve a table at the Red Parrot à la carte restaurant. All high-backed leather chairs and wall-to-ceiling windows, it’s just the place for romantic meals à deux. There’s even a little river running through it.
On top of all that, as a guest here you can make full use of the facilities at the adjoining Tamarjin Aruba. So that’s more pools, bars and restaurants to choose from. Plus there’s plenty in the way of sports like windsurfing, kayaking and tennis – there’s even a rock-climbing wall here.
Location• On the beach • 8km from Queen Beatrix International Airport
• 3 swimming pools • Pool bar • Sunbeds • Towels
• Pelican Terrace restaurant with open-air terrace for all meals • Red Parrot air-conditioned restaurant with seafront terrace for à la carte dinners • Coco Grill and Bar open-air snack bar
• Non-motorised watersports with snorkelling, sailboats, kayaks, windsurfing, snorkelling clinics and tours, scuba diving pool demo • Facility use at the Tamarijn Aruba • Tennis with clinic, floodlit courts at Tamarijn Aruba • Beach volleyball • Beach games • Bikes including cycling tours • Poolside games • Divi Winds Sports Centre with rock climbing wall and fitness centre • Salsa dancing
• Low-key evening entertainment with themed nights • Live shows • Caribbean night • Jazz night • Steel band • Coupons for the Alhambra Casino nearby • 3 bars
• Kids' club for 5-12yrs at the sister hotel, Tamarijn Aruba • Movies
• 24-hour reception • The following facilities are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Wi-Fi in room • Internet lounge • Spa treatments • Beauty salon • Shops • Laundry/Dry cleaning • The Links at Divi Aruba 9-hole golf course across the road • Tierra del Sol golf course, 5.5km away • Motorised watersports • Scuba diving courses, certificates and trips • Safety deposit box in room
All rooms have air-conditioning, ceiling fan, satellite TV, clock radio, phone, mini-fridge, iron and board, hairdryer, toiletries and balcony or terrace. Garden-view rooms are as standard and sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children. Partial sea-view rooms have facilities as Garden-view rooms. Ocean-view rooms with 2 queen-size or 1 king-size bed are also available.
Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, a gift and candlelit dinner when travelling within 6 months of your wedding. In order to qualify, please add the comment 'HONEYMOON PACKAGE' to your booking.
• All meals from a choice of 9 dining options - 5 at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive and 4 at Divi Aruba All Inclusive, surcharge applies at Windows on Aruba • Local and international alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks from 7 bars - 4 at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive and 3 at Divi Aruba All Inclusive • Children's meals up to 18yrs • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that are not part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Hotels similar to the Divi Aruba:
in Eagle Beach
in Druif Beach
in Palm Beach
in Palm Beach
in Palm Beach
in Palm Beach
in Bayahibe, Dominican Republic East - Punta Cana