Melia Las Dunas details
“A beachfront resort with an exclusive edge, the Melia Las Dunas was made for chic retreats.”
This All Inclusive resort is the newest on the Cayo Santa Maria coast. And it goes all out to impress. Look one way and it’s all white sand, turquoise waters and swaying palms. Turn around and landscaped gardens, manicured lawns and tropical flowers vie for attention.
But as pretty as they are, it’s not the gardens that steal the show here – that role falls to the pool. A sea-facing lake-like number framed by sun terraces and palm trees, it’s quite the set-up. There’s a swim-up pool bar, too, plus an open-air whirlpool and a sprinkling of thatched parasols. What’s more, the beach is just footsteps away, offering up snorkelling, windsurfing and hobie-cat sailing.
As for the accommodation, rooms and bungalows are dotted throughout the grounds. Décor-wise, they’re bright and sunny. Cream walls set the tone, while splashes of blues and yellows add a holiday feel. The furniture sits at the elegant end of the spectrum with a mix of wrought-iron chairs and carved wooden tables. In-room comforts come in the form of air-conditioning, satellite TVs, and coffee makers.
But the best thing about this place is that everything’s geared towards taking it easy. With plenty of shorefront restaurants, al fresco terraces and poolside cafés, mealtimes here are made for lingering over. On the food front, there’s lots of choice. We’re talking big global buffets, contemporary Mediterranean cuisine, and barbecue grills on the beach. There’s an ice-cream parlour, too, as well as a cosy coffee house and a relaxing beer garden.
Location• 100m to the beach • Shops, bars, restaurants and fun pub in resort centre
1 hr 45 mins
• 3 swimming pools • Pool bar • Swim-up bar • Sunbeds • Terraces • Umbrellas • Whirlpool bath • Pool towels • Snack bar
• 2 buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner • 4 à la carte restaurants for dinner • Themed evenings • Waiter service • 2 snack bars • Christmas and New Year gala dinners
• Daytime activities programme • Gym • Aerobics • Aqua aerobics • Tennis • Football • Basketball • Volleyball • Water polo • Pedalos • Windsurfing • Snorkelling • Bicycle hire • Yoga • Meditation • Mini-squash • Climbing tower • Giant chess • Darts
• Evening entertainment programme • Live music and shows • Fun pub • Folklore evenings • Theme nights • Dancing lessons • Language lessons • Video games • Games room • 7 bars
• Children's pool for up to 12 years • Baby Club for up to 4 years • Miniclub for 5-12 years • Teenagers' club for 13-17 years • Playground for up to 12 years • Highchairs • Cots
• 24-hour reception • Library • Gardens • The following are not included in your All Inclusive package: • Spa treatments • Beauty salon • Wellness centre • Sauna • Massage • Turkish bath • Steam bath • Hairdresser • Scuba diving • Internet • 2 shops • Laundry • Money exchange
Standard rooms sleep up to 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children and have a king-size bed or twin beds, rollaway bed, air-conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, minibar with beer, water and soft drinks, fridge, tea and coffee facilities, hairdryer, iron and board, sitting area, balcony or terrace and pool or garden view.
We also offer Standard rooms with sea view at a supplement.
• 24-hour All Inclusive • Breakfast, lunch and dinner • 3 visits per week to à la carte restaurants • Snacks • Afternoon tea • Ice cream • Unlimited locally produced alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks • Wine and beer with meals • 24-hour beer garden/lobby bar • Activities as listed • Entertainment as listed • Other facilities as indicated • Facilities that do not form part of your All Inclusive package may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide
Extra Local Charges
Some facilities may incur extra local charges, please see the A-Z Guide